The Capturing

The days were long, the nights were dark, all that met the eye for miles around were the shadows of the forgotten. The outcasts, the secluded. It was a knights worse fear to end up in the shadows. Lose all dignity, never see the prosmised fortune. Day after day the knights of Cantella would risk this dreaded punishment to serve their masters down in the cave lords. Tretious tracks, danger around every corner. Stick to the path and make it back alive was the only rule they had to sercome by.

Taylor Chambers, a brave knight from the district X, always managed to complete his tasks for his lord to the very best of his ability. Why? He was in love. And not the teenage dream sort of love, Taylor was in true love, love that could not be broken. He was in love with Katherine Lord, the daughter of the head of the cave lords Carlos. Nights on end Taylor would dream and wish about the girl who stole his heart, day after day of serving her and her family, just made the whole situation worse for Taylor. He would subdue to her every demand, she would not pay a single ounce of attention to him. And why should she? A respected daughter of the head of the cave lords, why would she ever notice the way a simple knight,whose life wasn't worth a dime looked at her when he brought her back the demanded jewlery from the mosterous mines or stole the finest wine from the sky lords at her word. Taylor didn't mind all the heartache, he felt fortuante enough to 1. still be alive and 2. to get to see the love of his lifes face every day.

It was mid june, the days were lasting longer than they ever had, the tasks mounted for the knights of the cantella , from districts v to z, the knights worked hours upon hours, breaking there backs, literally for the ones above them.

Though the sun blazed down upon Taylor's face, still he carried a beaming smile, showing his yellow jagged teeth. His brow was heavy with sweat, and his shabby brown hair was stuck flat to the top of his scalp. In his armored suit, he persisted to march in complete time and rhythm, as the knights had been taught in training, even though this made there tasks much longer. "You're absolutely mad Chambers". Draco Page said clinking his metal elbow with Taylor's. Draco also worked for the lord family, but that of Carlos's brother, so often would see Taylor on their quests. Draco was from district V, he was a pleasant knight, with short blonde hair and cheeks as red as roses. Chambers directed his everlasting smile at Draco. Though Taylor knew Draco was a kind soul, he also knew that he was a slacker, and always managed to get out of doing his duties for Mr Lord, Taylor could not afford to put his post under threat. "you know they say about this fortune, the knights revolution, I've been here nearly 15 years started when I was just 11  years young, I haven't had a dime extra in that whole time" Draco said, his strong southern accent made Taylor cringe, he hadn't learned how to speak properly in Knights Academy, this annoyed Taylor, but as he was a man of peace to all knights, he bit his tongue. "I mean look at you Chambers, you work your metal covered ass off for that family, the pretentious fools the lot of them, they don't own the caves, the thunderbolts do, they need to show you more respect or even better some of the gold there in such abundance of" Draco laughed spitting slightly and nudged his metal elbow into Taylor's sides. 

The everlasting smile had wiped clear from Taylor's face. He couldn't stand other knights bad mouthing his lords, because this was not just being defensive for his post, this was personal. "I advise you Mr Page, please retract your statement about Mr C lord and his family. They are good people, they treat knights how we suppose to be treated, In fact they treat us better, we are still alive. So please have some consideration" Taylor's monotone deep voice spoke clearly. Draco laughed with unease, and began to play with his hands. "as I said Chambers, you're absolutely mad" Draco walked on past Taylor, who was stood bolt upright with hands clenched into metal fists. Once Draco had left out of his sight Taylor sighed and finally relaxed his hands. the smile appeared back on this pale freckled face and he returned to his quest once more.