SPECIAL CHAP.

๑ This is the one and only special chapter where Machiko is already a practicing attorney and Amara is still the media-breaking model.

[ Amara’s ]

"I'm so tired," I sighed while leaning against the shotgun seat. I had a very long day; it was straight interviews every single day, and I wanted to have my alone time.

"You should really start taking a break, even just for a week, baby." Machiko was beside me, driving with one hand, and the other one was caressing my upper thigh.

"I would feel guilty if I did, Machiko. It's so hard."

"Let's run away, maybe far from your workplaces, yeah?" She smiled widely, showing her teeth. Machiko bungisngis is the cutest.

"You're busy din naman; we are both busy!" I dramatically exclaimed, which she chuckled. "How will we run away?"

"I'll make ways, trust me. And besides, it is not a sin to just rest for awhile." Her voice sounded calm. I felt the car engine stop, and I knew we were parked in front of our house.

"Where do you want to go? Do you want me to book a slot in a beach resort? Or you want to hike? Travel? Go to Shoppi—OOh, that's a bad idea." She laughed.

"Can't we just stay at home, love?" I was baby talking to her. "It's so common na kasi; we've done those a lot of times."

"Hm, we can do anything you want, Amara." She was smiling genuinely.

"Like, we buy snacks and cook for ourselves; we play silly games. And not open our phones," I added. 

"It's a great idea, my love. We can do it; I always tend to like your ideas more than mine." She was softly squeezing my hand that was on top of my thigh.

"Okay, Attorney." I smiled playfully. "Damn, you look so good."

"You sound hot when you call me that. So, don't do it; I might lose control," she joked.

"Attorney." 

"Amara," she was laughing. "Let's go; we'll plan out your ideas about our rest." 

A few minutes later, we ordered childhood snacks and ingredients online. We were too lazy to go out and buy everything. And it would also be so messy if I went out; I'd be doomed again.

"How's the law?" I randomly asked her, leaning on her shoulder while our bodies were so close. She was holding my waist while the other hand was searching for something on the TV using the remote. 

"It's... exhausting, baby. But good, I get to be challenged." She smiled sweetly. "My parents are there for me; they helped me."

"You graduated as the summa cum laude; you're so smart." I looked at her while smiling proudly. She then kissed my forehead smoothly and gave me an assuring smile back.

"It's not a big deal, baby. And plus, you were there during those tiring classes. Don't you think you deserve an award?" 

"What award?"

"This, your rest with me. So, don't think about your work muna, and focus on me, me only." She gave me the cutest smile I could ever see.

As soon as our needed materials came, we arranged them on the refrigerator and some tables. It was funny as well because the group video called us while we were moving around in the kitchen.

"Buhay mag asawa kayo nyan?" Maise spoke on call.

"Hindi pa sila mag asawa!" Juniper laughed, which made us laugh, too.

"Soon, invited tayo agad. Dapat libre lahat, ah," Skylar demanded jokingly.

"Just don't come nalang; you're so ano," Machiko joked back.