Baby

I hold the beautiful creation from God in my arms. Blissfully asleep.

"Its a girl!" everyone yells to each other. Or at least it sounded like yelling but I'm weak from giving birth to a wonderful baby so I could be overexaggerating. I weakly smile up at everyone just as the nurse comes in to check on me and the baby.

"Hey how is she?" the nurse asks softly.

"Perfect of course," I wink at her and look at my baby. My baby girl. Isabel. Isabel Ember. I smile up at my husband. I've been doing that a lot. Smiling. I grab his hand and squeeze it, letting him know how blessed we are. I shouldn't be alive. That's what the doctors said. They said it was almost impossible to have one that lived or that you lived or without problems, because of my disease. God answered our prayers. He gave us Isabel and I will never let her go. I start singing random words and hope i dont hurt her ears with my terrible singing.

"Hey babyyyy

look at you now

you defied everybodyyyy

and they don't know how

I doooo

know how it happened

God saved yoooou

yes you're a God send!" I laugh silently at my cornyness and watch my babies eyes slowly shut. Suddenly I'm tired also. The nurse notices this and ushers everyone except my husband out. My eyes slowly close and just before I drift off into a peaceful slumber I feel a gental caress on my head and lips press to my forehead.

"I love you baby. Both of you," he says quietly.

"Love you more," I mumble and he chuckles leaving me to unconsciousness.