|1|

In the middle of a village far off, wrapped by high mountains and an ancient forest, was a young woman named Elara. She was a dreamer, well known for her boundless curiosity, enabling her to be lost in tales. She relished most those tales that mingled fantasy, maybe legend with mystery—an account, for instance, of the Keeper of Time, the mythical guardian who watched over the very flow of existence. It was said to be a Timewell: a mystical pool where strands of the past and present joined together into one delicate web with the future.

Elara would sometimes take her walks through the forests with a heart so heavy and a yearning she could never put her finger on. On one afternoon, as she sat gently on a fallen log at the edge of the forest, her friends Lira and Jorin came up; their laughter was carried on the breeze.

"Daydreaming again, Elara?" Lira teased, sitting herself down beside her. Her dark hair shimmered in the sunlight, and her eyes sparkled with mischief.

Elara smiled wanly but didn't look from the sea of trees. "Something like that," she answered, her voice distant.

Jorin, however, was ever perceptive. He knelt before her, and the furrow of his brow spoke much in concern. "You have been visiting more often these days," he said softly. "What's been bothering you?

Elara hesitated, then sighed, finally voicing the thoughts that had swirled in her mind for so long. "I don't know, Jorin. It's like... there's something out there, beyond the village, that's calling to me. I feel this restlessness, this pull toward something I just can't describe. You ever feel like you're meant for more? More than this life we know?

Lira gave a glance to Jorin, all teasing expression softening. "I'm sure all of us wonder about what's out there, Elara. But you seem... different, like it's more than curiosity to you. It's something deeper."

She slowly nodded. "It feels as if there is a part of me not here, though. It is my home—the village—and I love everyone. But I can't shake this feeling I'm meant for something else, something... bigger.

Jorin sat down beside her, looking out toward the forest. "Maybe you are just meant to go see what is out there, beyond the trees. You have always been the one who dreamed the biggest, Elara. Maybe it is time you followed those dreams.

Lira smiled softly, her voice warm with understanding. "Whatever it is, Elara, we'll support you. But never forget, we love you as you are now, and not just for what you will be.

Elara turned to her friends, her heart swelling with gratitude. "I don't know what I'd do without you," she whispered. "But this feeling... it's getting stronger. I feel like I'm on the brink of something, like my whole life has been leading up to this."

Jorin smiled and nudged her shoulder. "Then go find it, Elara. We'll be here, waiting for your stories when you come back.

Emotions flared within Elara's eyes as she peered rearward into the forest. "I will. And who knows? Perhaps someday I'll know what this is all about."