𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒

(The Potters and the Prisoner of Azkaban, act three, chapter seven)

𖥔 ݁ ˖ִ ࣪⚝₊ ⊹

"I think Merlin is testing my limits." Nora spoke with a deep sigh, looking out over the Black Lake.

Elijah let out a deep breath when his daughter's face popped up on the screen, his chest finally feeling lighter after minutes of tension. Hermione had told him everything would be okay, but his mind couldn't stop racing with fear. She was his daughter, and no matter how many times people told him not to worry, he just couldn't. 

The thought of something happening to her had been eating at him, filling his head with a million "what ifs." But now, seeing her safe and sound, all those terrifying thoughts began to fade. Seeing his daughter with his own eyes was the only thing that could make him believe it.

"Meaning?" Cedric asked in confusion as he looked up from some last minute homework given by Snape for Christmas holiday started.

"My broomstick is ruined. My bloody broomstick. It just snapped because of a tree. I hate that tree.Someone should punch it."

"Nora, it's a tree." Cedric muttered, seeing the hate his friend had for that tree.

"That ruined our broomsticks! And we lost the match, by the way thank you asking Hooch for a rematch. I know she said no, but it was sweet to ask."

"Well, I don't think it was very fair on how we won." Cedric replied.

"Hmm." Nora hummed. "You got electrified and fell from so high. How in bloody hell did you even survive that?"

"Yeah, I would like to know that as well." Caroline muttered.

"Dumbledore probably saved him like he did with Harry." Elena suggested.

"I think so too." Bonnie agreed with her.

"I got luckily. Well, I suppose we all got lucky that day." Cedric spoke.

"Nah, we should be thanking Madame Pomfrey for always saving the day when we do something stupid." Nora said with a small smile.

"They should give that woman a raise." Finn spoke.

"I can't imagine the stress that comes with taking care of people that lose their bones." Jeremy spoke with a shake of his head.

"Yeah, without Madame Pomfrey you would probably not be sitting here. With all the visits you do."

"I'm not in the Hospital Wing that often!" Nora defended herself as she leaned her head back against the tree.

"They're there almost as much as you were in all those seven years," Lily said to James, her tone teasing but with a hint of nostalgia.