Chapter 15

Jimin woke up with a sense of warmth enveloping him. The soft rise and fall of Jungkook's chest beneath his head was soothing, and for a moment, Jimin allowed himself to savor the closeness. He looked up at Jungkook's face, peaceful and serene in sleep, his dark hair tousled and a faint smile playing on his lips. It was these quiet moments that made Jimin's heart ache with a longing he knew he shouldn't feel. The reality of Jungkook's marriage loomed over him like a shadow, reminding him that this comfort was fleeting, a stolen moment he had no right to.

Carefully, Jimin disentangled himself from Jungkook's embrace, gently lifting the arm that was draped over his waist. He moved slowly, not wanting to wake him, and quietly got up from the sofa. He glanced back at Jungkook one last time before heading to the kitchen, a sigh escaping his lips as he tried to push the conflicting emotions from his mind.

Once in the kitchen, Jimin busied himself with making breakfast, hoping the simple act of cooking would distract him from the confusion swirling in his heart. He whisked eggs, sliced vegetables, and prepared the skillet, the familiar routine providing a small measure of comfort. As he was stirring a pan of scrambled eggs, he heard footsteps behind him. Turning slightly, he saw Jungkook standing in the doorway, his eyes still heavy with sleep but focused intently on Jimin.

Jungkook made his way to the dining table, his gaze never leaving Jimin. "Why did you leave me alone on the sofa?" he asked, his voice husky with sleep.

Jimin bit his lip, turning his attention back to the stove. He knew this conversation was inevitable, but he still dreaded it. "Jungkook," he began softly, his tone gentle but firm, "we're just friends. That's all we can be. You're married, and you have a son who needs you. I don't want to be the reason things get worse for you and Yeri."

Jungkook looked frustrated, running a hand through his hair. "Hyung, it's not that simple. Things with Yeri... they're already broken."

Jimin turned to face him, crossing his arms over his chest. "But you have to stop this, Jungkook. We both do. I can't be a part of this if it means hurting your family. You have responsibilities, and I can't be the reason they fall apart. We need to keep this as it is-just friends. Nothing more."

Jungkook's shoulders slumped in defeat, the weight of Jimin's words sinking in. He nodded, though his eyes were filled with pain. "I understand," he said quietly. "I don't like it, but I understand."

Jimin gave a small, sad smile, feeling the heaviness in his own heart. "It's for the best, Jungkook. For both of us."

Jungkook nodded again, his gaze dropping to the floor. The silence that followed was thick with unspoken words, each of them lost in their thoughts.

After breakfast, an uncomfortable silence hung in the air. Jungkook barely spoke, and Jimin, sensing his frustration, kept his own words to a minimum. When the meal was over, Jungkook pushed back from the table, his chair scraping against the floor.

"I think I should go," Jungkook said abruptly, avoiding Jimin's eyes.

Jimin's heart sank at Jungkook's words, but he nodded, trying to keep his expression neutral. "Okay," he replied softly, trying not to let his disappointment show. "I'll clean up here."

Jungkook gave a curt nod, his face unreadable, and grabbed his jacket. Without another word, he headed for the door. Jimin stood in the kitchen, listening to the sound of the door closing behind him. As the silence settled, a heavy ache filled Jimin's chest. He hadn't expected Jungkook to leave so suddenly, and it stung more than he wanted to admit.

Outside, Jungkook made his way to his car, his mind a whirlwind of thoughts. Frustration coursed through him as he climbed into the driver's seat, slamming the door shut. He ran a hand through his hair, his emotions a tangled mess. He felt torn between his duty as a husband and father and the undeniable pull he felt towards Jimin. He gripped the steering wheel, trying to calm the turmoil inside him.