Chapter 1

(A/N- I first published this on Quotev and now it's going to be on Wattpad, too.  This is based on the movies and the books. Sometimes it will be from different characters' POV.)

I didn't go with my dad to pick up Bella.

I wanted to.  I really did. But I know Bella just well enough to know that she doesn't like crowds.  She doesn't have social anxiety...she's just awkward and shy in crowds. I am loud, outgoing, and comfortable in crowds.  I like my solitude every now and then, but I like being surrounded by people, too. That's why I want to live in New York when I'm old enough to live on my own.

I haven't seen Bella in years.  Since I was 12, to be precise. I'm 15 now, and Bella's always been practically a distant relative.  Someone you hear about a little, but not much. Someone who you see every now and again, but you almost don't recognize them.

When our mother up and left when I was barely a year old, she took Bella and my dad kept me. But since Bella decided to move here for our mother's sake, all I've heard about for a week is "Bella" this and "Bella" that.

I look around my small room, which is really the attic transformed into a bedroom.  

The only bedroom other than my dad's room has always been Bella's since she was born and although she doesn't live here, it's stayed her room

The only bedroom other than my dad's room has always been Bella's since she was born and although she doesn't live here, it's stayed her room.  I don't totally mind- the attic gives me the solitude I mentioned before.  I hear Dad's police car, and I move my pillows to look out my window.  It's gloomy outside, as always, but I can clearly see Dad and Bella exiting the car.  I hop off my bed and head downstairs to greet them.

_________________________

Bella's POV

When I step out of the car, I look up at the house.  I notice someone watching from the attic. Braelynn. My little sister.  I guess I should be a little ashamed to admit my little sister probably knew more about me than I knew about her.  Last time I saw her, she was tall for her age- but still shorter than me- with braces and a short haircut with bangs.  The only hairstyle Charlie probably knew how to deal with. Braelynn- not a very popular name, especially for Forks, but it was perfect for the name bearer.  It means strong.

Braelynn disappears from the window in a fast blur.  In seconds, she is out on the porch, her shoulders slightly hunched up in the slight breeze.  My mouth slightly parts, unable to smile because I'm too surprised.  Of course, I didn't expect her to look like the 12-year-old she was when I last saw her. But I didn't expect the almost grown woman standing on the porch looking too out of place for gloomy, depressing Forks.

Braelynn has always been unusually dark, more of an almond color but still darker than anyone in our family.  Probably because she's always been an outdoors person.  Even though she's on the porch, I know she's taller than me.  Her eyes are still a dark brown, almost black color. Her wavy, dark brown hair is halfway down her back.  Full lips complete her look.  With her much too big green hoodie and ripped jeans, Braelynn looks like the full tomboy she's always been.