𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗
ACT FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY !

May 28th, 2024

❛ JUST DROP IT, OKAY? ❜

JUST DROP IT, OKAY?

❛ JUST DROP IT, OKAY? ❜

        EVELYN STOOD IN FRONT of the mirror, trying to focus on the dress

      EVELYN STOOD IN FRONT of the mirror, trying to focus on the dress. It was beautiful, with intricate details and a perfect fit.

But today, she couldn't see any of that. All she saw were the harsh comments replaying in her mind.

The stylist, Molly, adjusted the hem and smiled. "You look stunning, Evelyn. This dress is perfect for the event."

Evelyn forced a smile. "Thanks, Molly." She glanced at her reflection again, but her eyes quickly dropped to the floor.

"I'm going to grab some different jewelry options. Be right back." She left the room, leaving Evelyn and Walker alone.

Walker, who had been sitting nearby, noticed her discomfort. He got up and walked over to her and stood behind her looking at her through the mirror. "Hey, you okay?"

Evelyn quickly nodded, avoiding his gaze. "Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing's wrong."

Walker frowned slightly, not convinced. "Are you sure? You seem a bit off today."

Evelyn sighed, her annoyance starting to show. "I said I'm fine, Walker. Just drop it, okay?"

Walker hesitated, wanting to help but sensing her irritation. "I just want to make sure you're alright. You know you can talk to me about anything."

Evelyn's let out a sigh of frustration, trying not to let all her feelings out on Walker. "I appreciate it, but I'm really fine. Can we just move on?"

Walker stepped back, raising his hands in surrender. "Alright, alright. I won't push."

Just then, Molly returned with a tray of sparkling jewelry. "Alright, let's see how these look with the dress!"

Evelyn took a deep breath and turned her attention to the jewelry. "Sure, let's try them on."

Molly started placing different pieces on Evelyn, "This necklace really brings out the gold in the dress," Sarah commented.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

EVELYN WAS NOW HOME from her fitting, and she's feeling very nervous and insecure about accepting her award tomorrow.

Walker had asked her to go out to eat afterwards with his siblings and Alex but she politely declined and told him she had to work on her speech.

But instead, she sat in her bed, drowning inn self doubt. The anticipation is making her stomach churn with butterflies, and she can't shake off the overwhelming sense of anxiety.

Despite the excitement of the occasion, the thought of standing in front of everyone fills her with dread.

She feels particularly insecure because of some comments she received, making her question whether she truly deserves the award.

What if they're right? she thinks to herself.

What if I don't deserve this? This self-doubt is weighing heavily on her, adding to her already heightened nerves.

Evelyn's mind was a storm of insecurity and doubt. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she replayed the hurtful comments that made her question her worthiness of the award.

The words stung, echoing in her mind, and she couldn't hold back the flood of emotions any longer.

She started to cry softly, feeling overwhelmed by the pressure and her own self-doubt.

Her shoulders shook as the tears streamed down her face, each drop a testament to the weight she carried within her heart.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CHLOVRS SPEAKS !
words, 545
edited, X

oh hi