Chapter 29

I dragged myself into the room, struggling to keep my eyes open. Once I spotted my bed, I swiftly jumped into it, not worrying about changing out of my filthy clothes. I was exhausted after tonight and I just wanted to sleep. After a few minutes though, I felt hands on me, taking off my shoes and putting me in cleaner, more comfortable clothes.

"Are you going to tell me what happened? You have a bruise forming your wrist, Y/n," I heard Akaza say as he slid beside me, grabbing my hand and examining my wrist.

I yawned, "Later."

"Sweety," he was pleading with me now, "You know I won't be here by sunrise. You don't want me to worry all day, do you?"

I finally opened my eyes to look at him. "Some guys tried assaulting me and Fumiko. We taught them a lesson, ended up in the police station for an hour," I shrugged, "End of story."

That was the gist of it. After the police arrived at the scene, a little too late, they dragged all of us, including Sabito and Fumiko, to the station where we were asked to give our sides of the story. Safe to say, the jerks were put behind bars and me and Tomioka were let off with a warning. We all took each other home, dropping Fumiko first, then me.

"What?" he grabbed my face in between both of his hands, "Tell me who these guys were. Tell me everything."

I closed my eyes again, "They were held responsible for their actions. Justice was served, don't worry."

"But how can I not worry? They hurt you. I couldn't protect you even after I promised that you wouldn't have to fight for your life again," his voice cracked at the end of his sentence. My eyes snapped open at the sound. I felt bad. He was blaming himself for everything that happened tonight. I hated the two guys even more now.

I kissed his cheek and held his other with my hand, "No, Akaza, it's okay. It's not your fault, I swear." I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him there until the tiny shakes throughout his body stopped. When I finally pulled him away from my chest, I could see that the tears had soaked into my top.

I wiped the corner of his eye with my thumb, "You're such a baby." I kissed his cheek again, tasting the saltiness left by his tears. I gave him a smile before pushing up the corners of his mouth. "C'mon, everything's okay."

He finally gave me one of those toothy grins I fell in love with. "I'm so sorry. You were attacked and here I am, making it all about me," he held me close to his chest.

"Just hold me throughout the night and I'll forgive you," I purred, shutting my lids for the final time. I was so very tired. If the sun came up just now, I wouldn't be surprised. It had been such a long night (3 chapters bro), and all I wanted to do was drift off with the most amazing man by my side.

He chuckled, "Alright, don't you worry anymore."

"I wasn't the one–," I was interrupted with a small peck.

"Goodnight, I love you."

"Goodnight, I love you too."

.

.

.

"Can we take a break," I panted, laying down on the snow-covered grass. The weather had become sunny and warm these past few days, making it better for us to get on with the lessons.

When I signed up for these so called "Getting over my fear" lessons, I didn't expect to be worked to the bone. We had been going at it for two hours now, nonstop. And when I say 'at it' I mean physical training and throwing punches. After seeing me fight the creep off, he thought I was well enough mentally to start the self defense portion of the course.