Importance of Sports in the Current epoch

Since decades, athletes have been representing India in national and international platforms for exhibiting their finesse in sports. Qualities that transform an individual to a sports person are dedication, persistence, patience, perseverance and hard-work. Trained coaches, guides and adequate facilities in the school play an eminent role in shaping the skills of children and uplifting them to a competitive level.

, Brij Vihar, under the aegis of the Child Education Society, Delhi, is dedicated to provide the basic infrastructure and facilities to all the pupils who are willing to represent themselves at a particular level. The facilities at Bal Bharati Public School, Brij Vihar are in line with the standards set by the CBSE.

Being one of the best private schools in Ghaziabad, we understand that sports play a pivotal role in students' lives, contributing significantly in their holistic development. We believe that engaging in sports promotes physical well- being of a child and fosters a healthy and active lifestyle. Regular physical activity helps students to maintain a fit body, thus reducing the likelihood of developing various health issues, which are otherwise common in today's generation. Sports instill essential skills such as teamwork, discipline, coordination, good hygiene, strong mental power and time management, all being extremely crucial in the foundational years of the children are invaluable in both academic and professional settings. Moreover, sports contribute to the development of

leadership qualities. Students who actively engage in sports often emerge as natural leaders, hence, displaying qualities like decision- making, communication, etc. BBPS, Brij Vihar, a reputed CBSE school in India believes in the necessity of imparting these life skills among the students.

One can never deny the importance of swimming, not only as a sport, but also as a crucial 21st century life skill. Paying attention to it, BBPS Brij Vihar has made it mandatory for all its pupils up to class V to learn swimming from session 2024-25.

Facilities at BBPS, Brij Vihar enable our children to delve into various sport activities. A defined structure is present in the form of scholarships and prizes which encourages the students to perform to the best of their potential.

In the academic setup, students actively engaged in sports exhibit improved concentration and extraordinary academic performance. The discipline and focus learned on the field can lead to success in the classroom as well.

As per the tradition of Child Education Society, Delhi, All India Inter-Unit Bal Bharati Sports Meet is organized every year wherein a large number of participation is seen from Bal Bharati group of schools. The meet is the perfect platform for all the sports enthusiasts to exhibit their potential.

As per the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, special attention should be laid upon the sports-integrated learning to adopt fitness as a lifelong attitude as envisaged in the Fit- India Movement.

Therefore, Bal Bharati Public School, besides the academic curriculum, has always paid special attention to sports in order to ensure the overall development of its students.