Chapter One: Altor

A cold dark room that seemingly does not end, appears. The ground is a metal grated floor stretching to the view the eye can see. The rest is covered in a thick fog. Through some of the holes of the metal grate are thin black like vines that run like veins across the floor and over broken brick walls like a moss in the endless room. The vines have small blue like crystals that radiate a dimmed light that gives the floor and the walls some light but not the room. Attached to the walls at points were also black pillars. Some were run down and broken like the walls, others stood tall but with cracks that ran along its surface. The room was covered in vines and ruins. Old and decaying, not lived in for decades. At that moment the air was still and no sound could be heard. Suddenly a panting voice breathing heavily from a woman can be heard but the woman is not seen. What she sees is what you are seeing. You know she is scared, her breath is short and heavy, her heart is beating fast.

A loud hiss is heard from the distance that echoes and vibrates around the dark room, her eyes look in that direction and she begins to run, knowing not where she is going but is running to try to save herself. The lights on the floor from the veins is all she has to guide her. She has her hands out trying to make sure she doesn't run into anything. She keeps herself balanced by holding on to the walls that appear in view.

Another hiss is heard, this time with a spatter. Quicker and quicker she runs. Her pulse is rising faster still. Her pants are harder and her breath quicker. She makes a turn but trips on the vines and falls. She screams and grabs her ankle. She twisted it.

"Oh No!"

She tries to get up but screams again and falls back down.

"No, No, No!"

The hissing reverb is continuous and a slimy slither makes her feel unsettled further, gross and sticky. Dark mist starts to reach her that seems to be exuding from the blue lit crystals in the veins. The mist is stretching out to grab her leg. She musters all the strength she can to get up screaming while she does it but the adrenaline is really kicking in now. She starts to run again favoring her twisted ankle which is making her slower than before. She looks back and the mist is still slithering after her. She turns and turns again using the walls and pillars as a boost to push herself through the endless room. The mist spatters like a snake coming out like tendrils to grab her.

She keeps sprinting but turns behind her to see the mist again which was a near fatal move. The floor had ended into a gaping hole. She begins to fall but musters all that she has to catch and hold on to the ledge. She sees that she made the wrong turn and could have gone left avoiding the hole. There may be no point to live anymore as the tendril mist is creeping closer and closer but she wants to live. She tries to push herself up. But a separate tendril mist grabs her from the hole. She screams when she looks down, as black misted hands with a skeletal-like shape pull on her legs to drag her down to the hell that awaits her.

She continues to try to get out but sees the mist in front of her is advancing towards her, the tendrils though begin intertwining like a rope creating a new shape as well as it did with the hands. The shape slithers across the floor like a snake closer and closer. She begins to see at the shapes head are long white fangs, a long fork like tongue, black scales, and reptile blue slit eyes. It is a snake. It hisses and spatters, the darkness still like a heavy cloud behind it. The black misted skeleton hands continue to crawl up her body from her legs. Trapped and she knows it. The snake opens its mouth and aims right for her face. She closes her eyes knowing her fate. Pitch black.....

***

The sun is starting to set and shines bright over the green hills far away. The sky is turning orange and yellow. Before reaching the grassy hills there is a great plain and a great lake where the sun reflects its rays against the water. There is an enormous castle with a wall around the premiator of the castle. Inside the wall perimeter are evergreen trees and in front of the castle is a gate and at the entrance there is a garden. At the four corners of the garden there are 4 statues that are shaped into four important leaders.