Listen there is something i gotta tell you...

“BRBRBRBRBRBRBRB” “BRBRBRBRBRBRBBRB” you look down and see your phone lit up on the table vibrating. You pick it up and ‘swipe  to unlock’ but with a huge smile on your face and not just cause of the goofy back ground photo, of you pulling a face while your boyfriend tries to kiss you. It’s because right next to the new message symbol it has the number 0438 …. And straight away you know who it is. You go to your messages and right next to the bright #1 it reads “YOAO”. Every time someone else looks at your phone the just can’t help but ask what/who that is. You still remember the day he was saved under that contact you were anxious because if he accidently went into the wrong name he might have seen the message you sent to Caitlin your best friend that confessed how much you loved him… “let me have your phone”… “NO?” you say with confusion.. he said it again “nah please trust me” he said it confidently and innocently as if it were ten cents or something. Sightly reluctantly you hand over the phone he goes to the contacts and types in “J..” except he was your only J contact at the time so he found it in two seconds. “how do I change my name?” he said.. “Why?” you questioned your eyes were squinted but his were wide open and so was his lips because he had a mischievous smile from ear to ear. “Just trust me” he exclaimed sincerely. Now normal your phone is of limits to the other 7 billion people in the world but of course that excludes that one person. I got him to the ‘edit’ settings and he hit the backspace button and typed in “YOAO”. He smiles at you but you give back a look with slight disfigurement as if to say “what the hell is that” luckily for you he reads you like a book…. But reclines to answer. “ what the hell is “ Y.O.A.O” you ask with a great deal of confusion. “you will see” he smirks. “what do you mean I will see just tell me now” you argue back. “All in good time he laughs weren’t you ever taught patience is a value?”. You roll your head look him dead in the eye and say “virtue” very patronizingly. You both laugh as he pushes your arm away and says “oh shut up smarty pants” before laughing. You’re both giggling and he puts his arm around you and says “I’m really gonna miss you Ash..”

you’re leaning over the bench with your head on his chest thinking “I’m going to miss you so much, your my life, I love you, please don’t go, I don’t know what I would do without you!” but simply respond with “me too”  for two main reasons one if he didn’t feel the same way you will lose him… and two if he did feel the same way you might just cry because him leaving in the next 38 hours was inevitable. “Ash can I ask you something?” ….. “Of course you can.. you know that” you say lightly trying not to sound too eager as you look up at him. “when you say you will miss me to… will you miss me because you will miss me to or will you genuinely miss me whether or not I’ll miss you?” he asked … you go to answer but first catch a glimpse at his hands they were holding one another… this very clear sign has been a tell for years for when he needs to tell you something or trying very hard not to.  You think about the question and say “of course I would miss you whether or not you miss me… why do you ask? “No reason” he says and looks away. You grab his chin and turn his head back towards you look into his big beautiful brown eyes that are kind of wet and say “what aren’t you telling me” “I can’t tell you…..yet” it’s obviously something that has got him pretty worked up. “DING DING…DING DING...DING DING..” He answers his phone. “Hello… no not yet …I’m trying to tell her it’s hard” he slowly walks away for some privacy behind a tree. When he comes back he pleads “listen Ash I’m so sorry I’ve got to go!” “Is everything ok?” you ask. “Yea I’m just annoyed this is the last time I’m going to see you for I don’t know how long and I’ve got to go”. “Oi! Don’t think of it like that were going to text all the time!” You say trying to put a smile on his face. “You say that now” he says. You feel terrible he’s really excited to go on tour but you know he doesn’t want to leave his friends and family at home. “you grab his hands and look up to him and say “of course we will talk all the time even a billion days from now I’ll still say that” he laughs. “BUT!” You say “not if you don’t tell me what YOAO means. You poke your tongue out. He laughs and says “do me a favor?” “Anything” you say. “Have your phone on you tonight” he asks and then hugs you and you whisper “done!” He starts to walk away but under your breath you say “I’d do absolutely anything for you”.