𝙊𝙞𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙒𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧 (𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟭) • 𝖵𝗂 𝗑 𝖢𝖺𝗂𝗍

𝗕𝗘𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗!!
This is not spoilers by any means. This is purely the many ways how I picture the cait and vi reunion in my head lol

Also, I wrote this before we got that new pit fighter vi clip so yeah 👍

——————
It was humid that night, and the air felt more dense down here than on topside, fumes from surrounding factories making it hard to breathe.

Caitlyn had her reasons for being in the lanes tonight. It was brought to her attention earlier in the month, some commotion surrounding pit fighting.
As far as she's aware though, it had nothing to do with shimmer, Jinx or Silco's still very much active posey, even in death, that being said, she couldn't give less of a fuck, but being chief and all, the least she could do is check it out.

Thankfully, or maybe not depending on who you ask, the tips she was fed were right, and this wasn't a complete waste of time.
It was an unassuming location, tall, but fit right into the neighboring buildings, wedged between the two and countless others that stretched out into a narrow maze.

As she stood, waiting, watching, the dim light outside flickered a green haze as she observed the people leaving and entering- consistent and rough, definitely the type of place she should've brought backup for.

But, as stated previously, she didn't give a shit.

She started to walk towards the door, pulling the jacket tighter to her chest, and kept her head low. She wasn't in her uniform, and tried the best to wear something to make her fit in, but her memory of the fashion down here was a little hazy.

She entered, heavy mental blaring loudly over the many speakers, the crowd even louder.
A man's voice louder than the rest came over the intercom, the reverb making it hard to distinguish, but the crowd seemed to understand, and they liked what they were hearing.

As she continued further into the building towards the center where the action seemed to be, she stumbled, a hard shoulder trusting into hers.

"Fuckin' watch it." The man spat as Cait held her arm, his gold teeth flashing.

She definitely didn't belong here.

Luckily for her, the man continued on without it escalating further than a scowl on his face and insults muttered under his breath.

Or maybe he's the one who's lucky.

She approached the buildings sunken center, doors on either side of the pit opening, and more incoherent yells coming from the announcer and the crowd as it was time for the show to start.

On the left, a large man, freakishly large, his mouth open, and face red as he yelled into the crowd, fists raised up high.

"Jesus", Cait shuddered in thought, holding the edge of her hoodie by the side of her face, shielding her profile from those in close proximity.

Caitlyn's mind raced as she absorbed the environment around her, surely, no sane person would go against him, or if they did, they didn't plan on leaving here tonight alive, which was the only conclusion that seemed logical to her.

She stared at the other door, pitch dark on the other side, and waited for the opponent, but seconds passed and no one showed.

Maybe he chickened out? That wouldn't be totally irrational.

Caits vision shifts to the man in the ring as he circled around, his fists banging on the metal walls like he was in an adrenaline induced rage, yells from the impatient crowd only fueling it.
But that's when the man stops yelling, a stone cold expression taking over as he looked to the other side of the pit.