09 : threats and trash

CHAPTER NINE ; I LOOK FORWARD TO IT, SIM

"Sowon~" The Captain put on her helmet, getting ready to have a (hopefully) calm day on the ice

"Sowon~" The Captain put on her helmet, getting ready to have a (hopefully) calm day on the ice. Narae walked toward her, nudging her built body. "Are you going to the party this weekend?"

"Which one?" Sowon asked curiously, causing Natty to run and join her on the other side.

"The party I'm hosting!" Natty giggled, beckoning to the back of her. "At my house. My parents are out of town this weekend, and they said as long as I don't break anything crazy, then they're fine with me partying. It's a dynamic duo-themed party!"

"Dynamic duo?" Sowon winced, moving back to Narae. "Is that why you're asking me? You want to match?"

"Of course I do! You're my best friend!" Narae snuggled close, causing Sowon to push her off. "Come on! Please go. I will only go if you, one, match with me, and two if you go!"

"What would I even wear? What would you want to go as?"

"How about Mario and Luigi?" Sowon gagged. Narae whined, pushing her slightly as they continued down the hallway toward the ice rink. "Come on! We did that for Halloween in middle school! You were the one who suggested it, and I bet you still have the hat. Don't forget that I pushed away my desire to be Mario so that you could be him! We can do that again this year if you desire it!"

"I'm going to assume that no matter how much I reject the idea, you're going to continue asking me, right?" Sowon replied, causing Narae to swiftly nod. "Fine. I'll go. I'll probably just leave Sunghoon's swim meet early on Friday, or maybe not go at all."

"You were still planning to go?" Natty asked. Yes, the word spread when she went back to the ice rink, and for the first half of practice, it was a team vote of whether or not to trust the fellow. "I'm still on his hate bandwagon. After Jaeyun, I don't think it's wise to trust his kind."

"Any man is a bad man," Sowon commented, making Natty nod. "But, there are always a good few. I think it's wise just to keep caution around him, but he invited me. I should still go."