Chapter 1

The Missing Colt

Buck is a paint Mustang who leads a herd of his own and this is his story.

One cold, rainy night, Buck lead his herd into the forest to take shelter from the storm that was passing by. Buck noticed one of the mares was worried and seemed to be looking for something. Buck trotted over to see what the problem was.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked curiously. "You seem to be looking for something".

"Yes, my Colt Kola is missing!" I don't see him anywhere!" Said the mare, who Buck. Now reconized as Wild Fire.

"You stay here Wild Fire, I'll go find him." Buck said before calling out to one of his friends, Smockey.
Smockey was a buckskin mustang with a blaze down his head.
"Yes Buck?" He asked when Buck called him.
"I need you to stay here while I go look for Kola; he's missing." Buck said. Smockey was Buck's best friend, and Buck trusted him with watching the herd when he was busy.

Buck retraced their steps and called out for the young black Appaloosa, searching for the familiar face with a star on the forhead.

Buck ran North against the wind, now soaked with rain. Buck stopped to take a break, he noticed a familiar-looking black horse in the distance. He glopped towards it, hoping it would be Kola. To his dissapointment, it was just a black quarter horse.

"What are you doing here?" Buck asked. "You don't seem familiar." The black horse said nothing he only turned and ran. Buck watched him go curiously, somewhat schocked . He started to run after the stranger, but he turned back but then realized he had no idea wich way to go. He headed East and stumbled upon a small pond. There, stood tall, with his head held high.

Noticing Buck, the black horse snorted angrily. Buck flattened his ears and backed away. The black horse started towards him, and Buck heard a familiar whinny. Buck ears twitched and he stood still. 'That sounded like Kola he thought'.