The Bumper Cars

"This is so awesome!" I yelled, driving one of the bumper cars, Noel rolled his eyes as he tried to bump into me. I hated him. But not where I wanted him dead.. he's just.. different.. The others didn't want to join us, boring!

Constance and Penny went to go get cotton candy, it was mostly Constance who wanted the cotton candy though, Penny just was tagging along. Misha had to, just HAD to be texting his online "fiancee" Talaya. I'm pretty sure she's not even real, but when I say something to Misha, he gets all riled up and starts yelling. And lastly Ricky. He only said.. or showed us that he's riding only two rides; The Gravitron and The Cyclone. We all agreed to ride The Cyclone, but I only agreed because Constance loved it.

Constance and I had been best friends since preschool, we're all seventeen now. Except Misha, he is eighteen.

"HAH! Finally!" I hear behind me as my chest slammed against the wheel.

"Seriously, Noel!" I yelled at the brunette boy behind me, before giving him the finger for a second. Then I looked away and muttered under my breath. This was fun though. I cannot lie about that. The next ride that all of us -except Ricky- is going on, is The Ferris Wheel. Noel's favorite ride. This has me thinking.. Why is The Cyclone Constance's favorite! Like it's all wooded and looks like it could break easily in one of the loops. But I saw others riding it... and it seemed.. safe I guess...

Anyways, Noel and I stepped out of the bumper cards and started walking around the fairground to look for the others. Every so often, I would catch Noel picking and chewing at his newly painted nails that I did for him, so disrespectful! I just spent fifteen minutes of painting and drying for nothing! It's fine Ocean, stop freaking out about it!

"Why are you picking at your nails that I did for you." I hissed, staring at the boy next to me.

"No reason, why do you even care?" He replied, a curl falling from his gelled hair, before he started to fidget with his ring. One ring to be specific, the ring that Misha had given him for his seventeenth birthday. I swear one day, those two are gonna be together! That's if Misha doesn't move back to Ukraine when he has enough money.

The walk to find the others was long, and I mean long. We walked in FIVE circles, and that's when someone bumped into me, I quickly turned around and saw Constance.

"Sorry Ocean!-" Constance quickly apologized, before apologizing a few more time. As she pushed her glasses up and fixed some of her hair. The first few buttons on her blouse were unbuttoned.. I would question her but I decided against it.

"I think.. it's fine, Constance.." I heard a mumble and saw Penny behind Constance. Sometimes I forget she can actually talk. She's always so mysterious and prefers to stay silent.

The difference from Ricky and Penny, is that Ricky is actually mute. My question is, why even join the choir if you can't even talk! All Ricky does is play the tambourine. On the other hand, Penny is just silent, and when she will actually talk it's just mumbles. She's like a lost puppy. I mean, yeah I know her father is.. abusive.. but I just want her to open up at least to us. Like, I know that just has a fourteen year old brother named Ezra, he was in the choir for a year or two before leaving. I'm surprised Penny didn't leave as well. She goes almost everywhere with her younger brother.

I could tell she was feeling anxious due to her hugging her.. rather creepy doll. The dolls name was Eliza I think? It has blonde curly short hair with two purple bows in the hair. Black, and I mean completely black eyes with blue eyeshadow and long eyelashes. Pink rosey cheek with swirls in them and to top it all off, pink glossy lips. The outfit was a long white lacy dress with white stockings and black Mary Jane's.

Penny was definitely nervous from my staring as she spoke, I didn't hear what she said due to being lost in thoughts. It took about five snaps, and a slap to the face for me to snap back to reality.

"What?" I asked, staring at Noel.

"Took you long enough, Misha and Ricky are here now. Let's go to the Ferris Wheel." The brunette responded, before nervously smiling at Misha. I swear if those two start kissing today or get all lovey dovey, I am losing it!

"Ahem. OCEAN PIPER O'CONNELL ROSENBERG!" I jolt back to real life... Again. I honestly didn't realize I was in my own world.
"My gosh, what do you want Noel!"

"Are you coming or not. We're going to The Ferris Wheel!"

"Oh right.. yeah, I'm coming!" I reply with a stupid grin as I push away a strand of my ginger hair. Noel groaned as he quickly turned around, I noticed that him and Misha had locked eyes for a second before Noel looked away at the ground as he walked, I was following behind him.

A few minutes later, I caught to Penny and Constance.

"I'm excited for the spinning one... You know..? The rone where you sit in the seat.. and it goes up and down? The.. the swinging chairs..!"

"Yeah, that ride is pretty fun! But I can't wait for The Cyclone! Yeah it looks... kind of like trash but hey, it still works!"

I could see Penny looking over at The Cyclone. A shiver going down her spine. I placed a hand on her shoulder as she looked at me.

"It's alright Penny. You won't get hurt by it." You wont get hurt on it!? Seriously!? Now I probably got her scared that shes gonna lose her head or something!! I really need to stop blurting stuff out. But that's a bit hard. I talk.. like a LOT.

"Um.. okay, Ocean..?" Penny replied, before biting her lip and glancing over at the wooden ride once more.

"Guys, I have a small seating plane for when we get in The Cyclone! So Ocean and I will be in the front, Misha and Noel behind us, and then Ricky and Penny at the back!" Constance exclaimed with a big smile, making us all take a few glances at each other before agreeing.

"We're almost at The Ferris Wheel!" I heard Noel say, I'm guessing he was talking to Misha, but Misha was obviously too busy texting on his phone. You guessed it, Talaya. I personally don't see why exactly I made him join the choir. All he did was steal one or two boxes of communion wine from a local 7/11 for his cousins birthday- who should I say was in FOURTH GRADE and had to get his stomach pumped! Though, I can't help but feel bad for him sometimes. His adoptive parents are.. don't tell anyone I said that, but his adoptive parents are bitches.

"Hey, Ocean?" Constance said, before I looked over and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Huh? Yeah Connie? Do you need anything?"
"Just checking in on you.. you've been in your head for a while. Noel told me you were earlier too.. are you okay?"
"Oh yeah, I'm fine! Just.. thinking about stuff!
Only if you knew. You wouldn't get it. You have nice parents. All mine want for me is success. For me to be Ocean Piper O'Connell Rosenberg. Daughter of Camille Rosenberg and Eugene Rosenberg. Cousin of Ashton Rosenberg.. To be known as perfect.. to be 'The Most Successful Girl In Town'. Sometimes I just want to actually talk to my parents, but they're always too busy with those drumming circles.

"Are you su-"
"I'm FINE!! will you just stop worrying!!"
"Oh.. sorry.."
"I-.. wait Constance, no I didn't mean it. I'm sorry really! I've just... You know..?"
"Yeah.. it's alright it kind of really hurts but it's fine..!"

I frowned as I glanced at her beautiful brown eyes, before hugging her.

"And I thought you said you hated me for being all lovey and romantic" Noel said with a huff to make it more dramatic. I roll my eyes and smile at Constance. Only if you knew. Only if you knew my life. Ocean O'Connell Rosenberg. The life of 'The Most Successful Girl In Town'. Only if you knew.