Chapter 11 - Drunk

"In moments of joy, one must fully indulge;

Do not let a golden cup face the moon in vain.

I raise my cup to invite the bright moon,

And my shadow forms a trio with me."

Her voice echoed ethereally, growing more exuberant with each line she recited. The verses, tinged with melancholy, reached Emperor Rui's ears, stirring something within him.

She exuded an ethereal quality, akin to a celestial maiden, with her tranquil composure seeming remarkably out of step within the formal confines of the palace.

At this moment, Emperor Rui's lonely heart felt as if it had encountered something fated. This woman seemed as though she had appeared just for him. He sensed her solitude, her sorrow, and her love, all aimed solely at him.

"I never knew my beloved consort possessed such talent. You've truly surprised me," Emperor Rui's voice rang from behind the group, startling Chun Feng, Chun Yu, and the others into immediate bows.

The woman perched atop the rock garden seemed equally shocked. Her feet, which had been swinging just a moment ago, stilled, and her leaning figure began to topple forward. A foolish grin spread across her delicate face as she tossed the wine bottle from her hand. With a powerful push, she leaped into Emperor Rui's arms, drawn to him like a moth to a flame.

Her sudden, unexpected action startled Emperor Rui, who leaped into action and caught her mid-air, steadying her as they landed safely on the ground. Only then did he allow himself to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Your Majesty..."

Seeing the person she had been yearning for, she wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're here... Heh, the Emperor is here, he came to see me."

Once Emperor Rui had landed, everyone present lowered their heads, not daring to take another look.

Completely unaware of the Emperor's darkened expression, Bai Jingxian poked his face with her fingers, then boldly kissed him twice with loud smacks.

De Fu's heart nearly leaped out of his chest.

He knew his Emperor too well—there wasn't a single consort in the entire palace who dared to act this brazenly.

The drunken honorable consort was simply terrifying.

But what shocked everyone even more was that Emperor Rui did not grow angry at her audacity. Instead, he simply scooped her up into his arms. "Do you like this?"

The beauty's face was flushed, her gaze hazy and seductive.

"I like it, I like it very much, it's my favorite." As she spoke, she pressed even harder with her lips against his face, as if trying to prove the truth of her words.

With each kiss, their bodies grew tense, her unrestrained seductiveness impossible to conceal.

Emperor Rui's throat bobbed, clearly enticed by her boldness and uninhibited words.

With a firm stride, he carried her toward the sleeping chambers. De Fu quickly followed, thoughtfully closing the door behind them.

He then stood guard outside, as though protecting some precious treasure within.

Before long, muffled voices drifted from inside, each word carrying a sensual undertone, making even De Fu—who was long since past such matters—blush crimson with embarrassment. In his heart, he cursed: Her ladyship is far too bold, speaking such explicit words!