chapter 1

Shiyun POV :

It was that time of the year again, when stores were filled with customers searching for ball gowns and suits, streets were lined up with glowing lights as bright as the stars and celebrations and laughters echoed all across the streets of the vampire kingdom, Ethana.

The people were eagerly waiting for this day to come..the royal ball. Where princes and princesses from all the kingdoms gather together in hopes of finding their one true love.

It was a bit ridiculous if you asked me. I know I'm not allowed to say this as the princess of Ethana myself but someone has to.

I never understood the point of this ball, every year, whether we liked it or not, we were forced to dress up and dance with random strangers who were supposed crown princes and princesses of kingdoms around the world.

This year, the ball was much more grand than any previous year. The reason being the coronation of my brother, prince Na Jaemin, as crown prince of Ethana.

"Just adjust for a few hours dear, like you do every year, alright?" Anna requests me as she tightened my corset practically blocking all my airways. I groaned before replying "You say that every year Anna, when can I stop attending this ball?"

"Maybe when you finally find your prince, you won't have to" She smiled satisfyingly as she took in my final look. "Perfect. Now let's get your hair and makeup done" She said excitedly as she made me sit in front of the mirror and grabbed everything she needed.

She takes her own time getting every detail right, from the little flowers in my hair to the way she strokes my eyeliner. "All done." She says as she smiles at me lovingly "You look magnificent,my dear" I return the smile as I thank her.

Suddenly, we hear a knock on the door. "I'll get it Anna, you get some rest" I assured her as I walked up to the door and opened it.

"Is Jaemin here? I've been looking for him for the past hou-" He stops mid sentence and freezes as I recognise this voice and realise who this is. There he is, Nishimura Riki. The person I hate the most in this entire world.