4. Day off...not?

Y/n woke up to the sound of nothing. No buzzing alarms, no frantic phone calls about schedules, and no urgent notifications lighting up his screen. For the first time in what felt like forever, it was quiet. He stretched lazily, savouring the peace. It took him a moment to remember what was so special about today—his first day off in weeks.

"Finally," he muttered with a smile, sinking deeper into his pillow. No errands, no last-minute crises, just a day to himself. Maybe he'd stay in bed all day, watch some TV, or—

Ding. The unmistakable sound of a text message cut through the silence.

"Please don't be whoever I think it is.." Y/n groaned and lazily reached for his phone on the nightstand. It couldn't be work; the staff knew he was off today. Still, out of habit, he checked the screen.

Ningning:
Oppa, can you do me a huuuge favor?

"Yizhuo, u kidding me..."

Y/n rubbed his eyes, blinking at the message. He hesitated, half-considering ignoring it, but something told him that wasn't an option. His thumbs hovered over the screen before he typed a quick reply.

Y/n:
Ning, it's my day off.

He felt a small surge of pride for setting boundaries. Today was about him. He wouldn't get sucked into their usual chaos—

Ding.

Ningning:
But I forgot to pick up my laundryyyyy 🥺 Please, Oppa, I'll owe you big time!

Y/n sighed, the hint of a smile tugging at his lips. Of course, Ningning had a way of getting what she wanted. He typed out a reluctant, "fine," and tossed the phone aside. Maybe he could do just this one thing. How hard could it be?

As he moved to get dressed, his phone buzzed again.

Ding.

Giselle:
Y/n, I think I lost my keys... help?

Y/n stopped mid-motion.

"Seriously?" He thought, staring at the screen. This was supposed to be his day off. He shook his head and responded.

Y/n:
Aeri, it's my day off.

Ding.

Giselle:
I knooow, but it's an emergency!

Sighing deeply, Y/n realised the quiet, relaxing day he had envisioned was rapidly slipping away. He grabbed his jacket and keys, already resigned to his fate. First stop, laundry for Ningning.

-

The laundromat wasn't far from aespa's dorm, so Y/n made quick work of grabbing Ningning's clothes and heading to drop them off. On the way, his phone buzzed again. He didn't even need to check the notification to know who it was.

As always, the comedy (pain) comes in 3 acts.

Winter:
Pabooo, can you get me some snacks? You know the ones I eat all the time. Pleaseee?

 Pleaseee?