Chapter 24

Sandocal - No, I am correcting a mistake! Or getting revenge on a mistake! Ah, whatever.

Then Sandocal starts running towards Layla with his staff.

Layla - You might not believe me, but I've changed.

Sandocal - Liar!

Layla - I'm not lying! It's true! I first double crossed you for selfish reasons, but I'm a different person now. I'm part of something bigger. The world's in danger. I'm trying to help.

Sandocal - Once a traitor, always a traitor. I heard you flipped on Shashi too. That Toretto guy called you family. Does your family know they can't trust you?

Rafaela - Stupid spy truck. There's got to be some way to... Ooh!

Frostee - Uh, guys? I think we lost Layla.

Tony - What? No, she's right--

Cisco - Oh no, where is she? I see her! Way back there.

Echo - If we go back, we're gonna lose this trail for sure.

Sandocal - You know how much money I owe because you and Toretto bailed on that race? A lot! And I already owed a lot!

Layla - I know you're angry, but you're fighting on the wrong side.

Then Matsuo Mori is able to stand up after the car exploded and then Rafaela shows up in Cisco's spy truck.

Rafaela - Get in.

Layla - Sandocal, look out!
Sandocal - You saved me.

Layla - Not yet, I haven't.

Rafaela - Party's over, losers!

Tony - Jump!

Then Tony and Cisco jump out of the dune buggy right before Rafaela blew it up on fire and it is still heading towards her Matsuo Mori.

Tony - Sandocal, put it down.

Sandocal - I'm sorry.

Layla - I'm sorry too. I know I don't have the best track record, but I'm just trying to make it right.

Sandocal - I was so mad at you, I didn't realize I'd joined forces with pure evil. Pure, annoying evil. And thank you for saving me.

Echo - This is touching and all, but are we captured, or what?

Sandocal - Maybe it's time I made up for my past as well. Go! Get out of here. You can take some of our buggies.

Cisco - Thanks. Where are we going?

Echo - I don't know. We lost our water trail.

Sandocal - The guy Rafaela is working for has a base in the Eye of the Sahara. Head that direction.

Tony - It's a long way to go with no supplies.

Sandocal - Look for the triangle rock - the Bedouin Shield. It's an old trading post. If anyone can help you cross this desert, the Bedouins can.

Layla - What are you gonna do?