Chapter 65 - Changchun Palace's Secrets 02

"My Lady, should we still go?" Chun Yu asked softly.

Bai Jingxian stepped back two paces, "Forget it, let's go back to the palace." It seemed she needed to ask Wang Momo about the unusual happenings at the Changchun Palace.

After returning to Lanyue Pavilion, Bai Jingxian didn't immediately summon Wang Momo to inquire about the situation at Changchun Palace. Instead, she rested for quite a while, allowing herself to regain her composure before sending someone to call for Wang Momo.

Wang Momo had already heard about what happened at the gates of Changchun Palace from Chun Yu and Chun Jing. Her heart sank, and when she was summoned by the mistress, she let out a heavy sigh.

As a woman, she was well aware of the consequences once the mistress found out. Though she was loyal to the Emperor, she could not bring herself to deceive her..

"Should I ask first, or would you like to speak, Momo?" Bai Jingxian smiled at Wang Momo as she entered.

Meanwhile, in the back courtyard of Changchun Palace:

"Miss, Eunuch Xia came to deliver something, saying the Emperor ordered it to be prepared." The young mistress had been residing in the back courtyard of Changchun Palace for many years and hadn't seen the Emperor since giving birth to the Third Prince.

Yet, over all these years, the Emperor had come to seek an audience several times a month, and each time, the young mistress refused to see him.

Zhang Wenke knelt in front of the Buddha, her eyes closed, her fingers turning the prayer beads, softly chanting scriptures, exuding a serene and gentle aura.

Upon hearing Dong Mei's words, she didn't show the slightest reaction.

However, the person kneeling beside her opened their eyes.

"Is Eldest Sister so obsessed with her prayers now? Everyone knows what's in the Emperor's heart. If she keeps playing hard to get, all of her schemes will amount to nothing. Let's not even mention Lan Guifei; with her powerful family backing, she's untouchable. But that vixen is different—she's completely captured the Emperor's heart. If Eldest Sister continues like this, she'll really spend the rest of her life with the Buddha."

Zhang Liangyuan's tone was laced with sarcasm. She saw things more clearly than her cousin. Shu Fei was merely a shield, a target to deflect all the schemes away from the woman in front of her.

What favoritism? What affection on par with Lan Guifei? It was all nonsense.

Though she hadn't been in the palace as long as her cousin, she could at least see reality clearly.

The Zhang family's schemes meant nothing to the Emperor compared to a single word from the woman in front of her.

And yet, her cousin wanted to have it both ways—what a joke.

Everyone knew the Empress Dowager was biased; just the surname "Zhang" meant it was impossible to have it all.

As for the Third Prince, haha, others might not know, but she knew very well—the boy wasn't even the Emperor's son. If not for her Zhang surname, she would have long sent this hypocritical woman to the executioner's block.

"Eldest Sister isn't still waiting for that person, is she? Haha, what a joke." Zhang Liangyuan was truly filled with venomous hatred for the hypocrite in front of her. "He's surrounded by wives and children. Do you think he still remembers the person he once forced?"

At these words, the previously indifferent figure finally opened her eyes. "If you dare say another word, I'll make sure you don't live to see the sunrise tomorrow."