EXTRA #6

One-shots, chapter ninety-five

"I'm a little upset I didn't get to use my plan"

"I'm a little upset
I didn't get to use my plan"

Thea sat at one of the benches outside the main building of Yonsei University, flipping through her notes while the autumn breeze rustled through the campus. It was late afternoon, and the chatter of students passing by filled the air. Everywhere she went, the same topic buzzed around—prom. The college prom was just weeks away, and it seemed like it was all anyone could talk about.

She overheard a group of girls nearby, excitedly discussing their plans.

"Do you have a date yet?" one asked.

"Not yet, but I heard you can't go without one," another replied. "I need to find someone fast. Prom's no fun alone."

Thea looked down at her notebook, not really paying attention to the conversation at first. Prom wasn't exactly her thing. Sure, she was the girl most people knew on campus—her grades were stellar, and she was effortlessly popular with both guys and girls. But large social events, especially ones as high-profile as the prom, just didn't appeal to her. She wasn't the type to get caught up in the glitz and glamour of it all.

However, as the conversations around her became louder, she found herself getting pulled into the buzz.

"Did you hear that Jung-hoon asked Thea to the prom?" a girl whispered behind her, a little too loudly to be discreet.

"Yeah, but she turned him down. I mean, who wouldn't? He's like, super awkward," another one replied.

Thea felt a slight twinge of guilt. She hadn't even realized that Jung-hoon was serious when he asked. Between her lectures and her personal life, she hadn't given much thought to prom at all. But now, it seemed like half the guys on campus were lining up to ask her out.

It wasn't just Jung-hoon either. Over the past few days, she'd had at least three different guys from various grades—some seniors, some freshmen—try their luck.

"Hey, Thea!" another voice broke her thoughts. She looked up to see Joon-ki, a guy from her economics class, approaching her with a shy smile. "I was wondering... would you like to go to the prom with me?"

Thea blinked, caught off guard. Joon-ki was sweet, kind-hearted even, but she could already sense the awkwardness of having to say no again.

"Joon-ki... I really appreciate the offer, but I've got other plans," she said softly, offering him an apologetic smile. He nodded, trying not to let the disappointment show, and hurried off.

As he left, Thea sighed, slumping back into her seat. It wasn't that she didn't like these guys—some of them were nice, genuine people—but none of them felt right. Besides, she wasn't even sure if she wanted to go to prom in the first place.