1 - Uncontrollable

I slowly awoke, then sat up quietly in bed.

I must have fallen asleep.

Did that really happen? Or was I dreaming?

Am I really destined to be a Queen?

Is this the plan Mother said I was a part of?

I know Jin said to speak to Seungmin.. But I don't know him. How can I trust him?

I need to speak to Yoongi instead.

I know he's angry with me, but he is the only one who will tell me directly. No beating around the bush.

I need Yoongi just to tell me what to do. 

How to get through this.

ALL of this. 

I can't control myself.. But I can't live my life locked up.

I heard the door open and  I glanced over to see who was entering the basement.

"You wanted to speak?" Yoongi suddenly emerges from the darkness, gradually becoming illuminated by the oil lamp set in the centre of the room.

My heart skipped a beat.

"How did you know?" I mutter, pulling myself out of bed and slowly walking up to the cage doors.

Without thinking, I tried to force the bars open, but Yoongis spell fought against me.

I knew in myself that I could remove the spell.. but it being there just reminded me that I needed to play ball for a moment.

Being locked up is for my own good.

I held the bars and watched him as he got closer, then he wrapped his hands over mine.

"You being Queen isn't the only thing predetermined."

I stared back at him as I understood what he meant.

Yoongi then opened the cage and locked himself inside with me.

"H..Have you been prepared? Is that why you have been working with the King?" I whispered, and Yoongi guided me back to the bed.

"Ah, so you're not just a pretty face." He smirked at me, and I felt my heart sink.

"I don't want this, Yoongi. I can't do it." I whined at him.

"You don't have a choice. Don't think you're alone in this, though. I am here for you, but you need to get your shit together." He told me coldly.

I dropped my shoulders in defeat, and Yoongi pulled me over him to straddle his lap.

I wrapped my legs around his back, and held my arms over his shoulders.

He held my head against his chest, and I felt properly comforted by him for the first time. 

Maybe he understands how hard it is for me.

How my instincts are fighting the good in me.

We sat for a little while.

Just breathing quietly.

Yoongis fingers laced through my hair on my scalp, and he gently rubbed my head.

I reciprocated his actions, intertwining my fingers in the curly baby hairs at the base of his skull.

He flinched a little as I tickled him, and I tugged on his hair in response, making him let out a small moan.

"Y/N.. Stop.." He breathed, but I didn't listen.