Honey, life is just a classroom

Lover was lightly said; quite the morning person'. When she woke up she instantly got out of bed and did her morning routine. She happily hopped off the stairs, skipping several steps on her way down.

She packed her bag for school, taking all her notebooks and pencils and placing them neatly into her pastel coloured backpack.
She grabbed a box of cereal and poured it into a bowl, adding milk and a spoon.

While she was peacefully enjoying her breakfast, her mom came walking downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" She asked, smiling kindly as she walked over to the table where Lover was eating her breakfast.
"Good morning mom, I slept good! You?" Lover said happily, smiling back at her mom.

"Well... I've been up all night thinking about how I'm going to let go of my beautiful daughter when she goes to her last year of highschool" she hugged Lover from behind and kissed her cheek.

"Moommmm" Lover half-giggled, accidentally spilling some of her cereal on the table. "You made me spill my cereal" she looked up at her mom and couldn't help but smile at her when she saw her moms proud expression.

"You're growing up so fast" Her mom put a hand on her heart and tears formed in her eyes. She had always been quite a dramatic one. Which is why Lover was also quite the 'Drama Queen'.

Well, more like emotional. It's not that she liked to start or be drama but she got affected by things fast and got emotional fast. She wasn't really scared of showing her emotions or talking about them. That was a positive thing most of the time... however sometimes she wished she was a bit better at controlling her emotions.
"Alright mom, I get that you get emotional about these kinds of things but I really need to finish my breakfast and go to school." Lover said, starting to eat her cereal again, faster.

"Yes yes, you go get ready to go to school, we'll have your favorite for dinner tonight" her mom winked and left with one last kiss on the nose.
Lover quickly ate the rest of her cereal and then grabbed her backpack and a jacket for the cold summer morning chill and put on her shoes. She tied her pink platform converse laces and grabbed the door handle.

"Bye mom, I'm leaving!" She yelled behind her and stepped on the front porch. She hopped off of it and started her walk journey to school.
The school wasn't too far away, and even though there was a bus that stopped right in front of her house, she liked walking more. This way she got to breathe in the chilly morning air as the sun was raining golden beams over the houses and on her face.

She smiled into the sun and nodded her head along to the music playing from her headphones. She continued this for a minute or 10 and arrived at her school.
Cars of students were driving to the parking lot and many other students were making their way to the main entrance. The school was quite big, so on a first Monday morning after summer vacation like this, it was overflowing with students.

Lover happily made her way to the entrance, excited to see all her friends again. She hadn't seen her group of friends since last school year because everyone went on vacation in the summer, so there was no one she could hang out with.

As she pushed her way through the crowd of students, she could already see an unmistakable figure waiting in the hallway. She was wearing a cute combination of a white tank top with light blue shorts and for some reason leg warmers over her platform sneakers (to make her slightly taller than she actually is). Her short bob was dyed a really light, pastel blue in contrast to her dark blue hair last year.

"Nine, hi!" Lover waved excitedly.
"Oh my, Lover!! How are you girl?" Nine smiled from ear to ear and pulled Lover into a tight hug. "It's been too long"
"I'm great, thank you" lover said, hugging Nine a little tighter "It's so good to see you again" she pulled back and looked around "where's the rest? Are they not here yet?"
Nine nodded her head "yeah I guess we're the first ones here" she shrugged, looking around to see if she could find the others. "I'm sure they'll be here soon"
And as if Nine knew, Lorie appeared behind them, waving and smiling.