Chapter 1: Go all out

In the dark night sky, the moonlight is like icy silver frost, sprinkling on the earth like a veil.

  The wind is bitingly cold.

  Xia Chujian knelt on one leg on the rooftop of a twelve-story building. He opened the gun magazine with a click, and with his hands as fast as lightning, he instantly prepared the 12mm caliber Judge No. 7 sniper rifle.

Looking out from the objective lens of the sniper rifle, Mulan City in the dark night looks like an undulating dark gray steel forest.

  There are skyscrapers that soar into the sky, as well as dark and narrow winding alleys that seem to have no end in sight.

  Colorful neon lights sparkled at the edges of tall buildings, and airships hovered around in the night sky, dragging long self-luminous billboards, embellishing the colorful night scene, making the bright places even brighter and the dark places even darker, just like two distinct worlds of black and white.

She looked at the time and it was already one in the morning.

  There were few pedestrians on the streets and the inner city's suspended train had long been out of service.

  Occasionally, a few small private aircraft flew past her sight, leaving behind trails of white smoke that dissipated in an instant.

  The deep voice of Captain Ye Shijie came from the team channel in the headset: "Night Hunter Association Guiyuan Branch Third District 9 Group 321 members report in."

"Number 2 Li Fu, left, in place."

  "No. 3 Song Mingqian, right, in place."

  "Number 4 Ping Qiong, left auxiliary, in place."

  Xia Chujian is number 5.

  She said calmly, "Number 5 Xia Chujian, 1,200 meters as the crow flies, 12th floor rooftop, in place."

  Ye Shijie is the captain, number 1.

  He nodded and said, "No. 1 Ye Shijie, captain and operations commander, right side assistant, in place."

"Let me repeat: today's mission is to destroy a human trafficking base in the west district of Mulan City. According to the tip-off, a group of abducted boys and girls are hiding in Room 004 on the first floor of Building 334 in West District 089. They will be transported out of Mulan City tomorrow."

  "There are five human traffickers, all of them are genetically evolved, two of them have D-level mental power, and three have E-level mental power. They are extremely brutal and have committed numerous murders."

  "Our mission is to kill these five human traffickers and rescue the victims."

  The team members responded in unison: "Got it."

  Xia Chujian lowered his head and patiently loaded each bullet weighing eighty grams into the sniper rifle. Then he lay on the rooftop with the muzzle sight aimed at their ambush target today.

  It was a low six-story building, sandwiched between several skyscrapers hundreds of stories high, almost buried in the darkness.

The building is very dilapidated. It does not use new building materials but old reinforced concrete.

  The cement on the wall has fallen off severely, and the black steel bars are exposed, like the skeleton of a ferocious beast in the night.