Prologue

I am so lame for having a crush on my best friend's husband. I didn't mean to, and I don't know how to just stop. Maybe it's that I am pathetic in finding my own path to romance, and he's just there? It's ridiculous, I know. I mean, who falls for their best friend's husband? I should be focusing on my own love life, not mooning over someone who's off-limits. Yet, every time Henry smiles at me or we share a moment, my heart does this stupid flip that I can't control.

These two weeks in the Spanish Riviera was supposed to be a fun escape—a chance to relax and recharge. But now, it feels like a ticking time bomb of emotions. I can already feel the weight of my feelings hanging in the air like the warm ocean breeze. I need to figure this out before I ruin everything.

What if I just let it go? Maybe I could distract myself with the beautiful surroundings—the sun setting over the sparkling Mediterranean, the laughter of tourists enjoying tapas at nearby cafés. I could dive into the local culture, explore hidden gems along the coastline, and immerse myself in the amazingly hot Spanish men here. But then I think of Henry's eyes, how they light up when he talks about his latest passion project, the way his laughter seems to wrap around me like a warm blanket. Can I really pretend those moments don't mean anything? It feels impossible.

As I stand on the balcony of our villa, watching the waves crash against the shore, I realize I need to make a choice. I could either keep spiraling deeper into this crush, risking my friendship with Sienna, or I could confront these feelings head-on. It might hurt, but isn't it better to face the truth rather than let it fester in the shadows?

With a deep breath, I resolve to be open to whatever this weekend brings. Whether that means stepping back from my feelings for Henry or finding the courage to speak up, I know I can't let this crush define me any longer.