Chapter 95 - The Empress Gives Birth to Twins

Compared to the warmth of the mother-son relationship at the Lanyue Pavilion, things were much worse at the Zhang Qian Palace.

Upon learning that her family had been annihilated, Lan Guifei could no longer hold up her facade of strength and collapsed.

"Your Majesty, I want to see Your Majesty."

Three days had passed since the incident, and she had requested to see the emperor multiple times, but she had not succeeded even once.

"Your Highness." Huang Momo was also deeply saddened, as her own family had been sold off. Now, only Lan Guifei could save her family, and she hoped that Lan Guifei would win the emperor's favor.

Li Fuquan walked in from outside and felt utterly powerless upon hearing Lan Guifei's call for the emperor. No matter how he pleaded, he couldn't even see the emperor's face. As such, he dared not deliver such news.

If Lan Guifei found out about this, she would surely collapse.

However, today he had no choice but to see Lan Guifei, as there was news from outside the palace.

Indeed, it was a farewell letter from home.

The letter had blood stains on it. And he couldn't keep it from her.

In the sleeping quarters,

Upon seeing him, Lan Guifei's eyes lit up. "Li Fuquan, has His Majesty agreed to see me?"

Li Fuquan didn't dare to speak, fearing that he would break into tears.

He slowly approached, and knelt by the bed, trembling as he took out a letter from his robe and handed it over.

After seeing the letter, Lan Guifei's tears could no longer be held back and flowed freely.

She took the letter, looking at the blood stains, "Is there nothing left?" She didn't know who she was asking.

Her father, who held immense power, was gone just like that?

"Your Highness," Huang Momo said, seeing her weeping, her heart also tightening. "But something has happened at home?"

Lan Guifei glanced at Huang Momo and then smiled, "Momo, it's all gone, it's all gone, everyone is gone." After laughing, she began to cry again.

At this point, everyone knelt down, feeling very uneasy about their future.

Lan Guifei paid them no mind, lying back on the bed, her gaze slowly losing its light.

After a while, a brave person looked up at the figure on the bed and realized that Lan Guifei had fainted. She quickly called out, startling those in attendance.

Li Fuquan rushed forward to check her breathing.

Fortunately, she was still breathing. "Quick, go summon the imperial physician!" After calling out, he looked at Huang Momo. "The matters outside the palace are to be dealt with by the emperor; it is not our place to interfere. Huang Momo, please attend to Her Highness. I'll go request an audience with the emperor."

With Li Fuquan's reminder, Huang Momo regained her composure.

She thought to herself that they were just servants, but if she could gain some favor, perhaps she could save her family.

Even saving a few would be good.

"Ah, you go ahead. I'll stay here with Her Highness."

The news of the favored Lan Guifei's fainting soon spread through the inner palace.

De Fu, upon hearing the news, did not dare to delay and immediately reported to the emperor, "Your Majesty, Lan Guifei has fainted from shock."

Zhao Jinrui paused in his work of reviewing memorials, then continued his annotations.