13. Active in the...sun?

It started with a simple invitation.

Y/n had been going about his day at the SM building, as usual, when a group of idols—mostly from NCT and EXO—caught him by surprise in the staff lounge. Kai, Taeyong, and Chanyeol casually approached, holding their water bottles and flashing familiar grins. He has been hanging out with them often these days, ever since he gained his fame as the "Sasaeng blocker".

"Yo, Y/n!" Kai called out, causing Y/n to glance up from his phone. "We're putting together a soccer match later. You in?"

Y/n blinked, surprised at the invitation. "Eh, me? For soccer? Are you sure, hyung?"

Chanyeol nodded enthusiastically. "Of course! We've seen you running around with the girls. You're in shape, man, and we need more players. Plus, it's just a friendly game."

"Right," Y/n said, scratching the back of his neck. "But I haven't played in forever. I'm probably rusty."

Taeyong waved it off. "Doesn't matter. It's all for fun. If anything, it's more funny if some of us messed up. What do you say?"

Before Y/n could even fully process the idea, Giselle and Ningning, who had overheard the conversation from across the room, suddenly popped their heads around the corner.

"Wait, Y/n's playing soccer?" Giselle asked, her curiosity piqued.

Ningning followed up, grinning. "With NCT and EXO-sunbaenim? You've gotta do it, Y/n."

Y/n raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, okay! Fine, I'm in."

-

Word spread quickly, and by the time Y/n made it back to the practice room with aespa, all four girls were buzzing with excitement. Even Karina, who usually kept her cool, seemed interested.

"You're really going to play with the others?" Karina asked, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

Y/n nodded, trying to appear nonchalant. "Yeah, but it's just a casual thing."

Winter, who had been scrolling through her phone, suddenly perked up. "When is it?"

"This afternoon," Y/n replied, glancing at the clock. "I'll probably head over soon."

Ningning gave him a sly grin. "We're coming to watch."

"Please don't."

Giselle nudged Winter, who had an almost excited gleam in her eye. "It's not every day we get to see you in action. You better not trip on the field, Y/n."

"I will trip, just to embarrass all of you" he muttered, feeling the weight of their teasing already. But as they all exchanged knowing glances, he could feel something else brewing—especially from Winter. She wasn't one to normally get worked up about anything athletic, but today, there was a new energy about her.

-

By the time Y/n arrived at the SM outdoor soccer field, the teams were already warming up. The guys from EXO and NCT were scattered across the field, stretching and kicking the ball around. Y/n could feel the butterflies in his stomach as he walked up, spotting his name on one of the makeshift team lists.

"Casual match, hyung said. Yet there is a full list for each team." Y/n chuckled. "And holy sht they came."

And, of course, aespa had already staked out a spot on the sidelines. Giselle, Ningning, Karina, and Winter were bundled up in jackets, watching with amusement as Y/n geared up. Winter, in particular, had her eyes glued to him, which only made Y/n more nervous.

Actually, that girl brought a whole cheerleading set. And no, not the cute and girly one. The one hardcore fans wore at a Hatsune Miku concert.

"Good luck!" Ningning called out, waving as Y/n jogged onto the field.