Chapter 1

"Look Sweetheart, the festival is starting soon!"Mother said. She said this every year at the annual hippogriff festival.

"Hello folks, today we are at the annual hippogriff festival.... " As the announcer started talking, me and my family made it to the front entrance.

"Mama? You don't seem as excited this year. What's wrong?" I asked, still gripping on to her wings.

"Darling..have you forgotten? I'm no longer here with you..." She shook me off her wings, and flung me off to fall to my death.

"MAMA! NO! PLEASE HELP!" I cried, flapping frantically to break my fall. I woke up to a cold sweat, panting out of fear. That's right, she's gone missing for the last month. There's no point in thinking about it. Me and my dad are like peanut butter and jelly. Ever since my mom left we have been traveling alone back to hippovill. We travel by day and take a few hours to construct a safe camp. 'The safer the better' is what my dad always says. But the truth is he misses mom as much as I do.

We were just about to stop for the day and build our shelter when dad said we should keep going. "we're so close", he said, "just a little farther now." Wetraveled all through the night. I could not see a thing but when I got scared I just told myself my dad was right next to me. And he was..... Or so I thought.