The Irrelevant Girl Code

I guess I always knew that there was something between us. How it happened? I don't know. Why it happened? I won't even question it. I guess it started when I walked in the large double doors to start my first day at my first job. I hadn't had the slightest idea of how to tie a tie. The uniform ladies suggested that I ask someone that I'll be working with and so I did just that. After all.. it was a man's accessory. 

Anyways, you could say it all started there. I looked around nervously and took in what was to be some of the best few years of my life. I saw three familiar faces that I had orientation with and smiled a little. Only a little because if everyone else was there already, I was late. 

With a brave voice and a not-so-brave shakey hand, I asked, "Can someone tie this for me?", while raising the already wrinkled mustard, yellow looking tie in the air. A guy with a camouflage hat with a fishing hook on the visor part stepped up and put the tie around my neck before tying it tightly. I tried... honestly tried to focus on how he was tying it but my eyes just looked at him. Brown eyes, brown hair, tan skin, slender and toned body, and... braces. He was cute/hot no doubt. 

The braces didn't even throw me off in the slightest, really. He was just cute and currently tying this not-so-cute tie around my kinda cute neck. If the roles were reversed, it would probably be considered normal but for now and for the next two years, it would become my normal. 

After he finished, he looked up and introduced himself. 

Wyatt. 

Wyatt, the guy who approached with a country accent and camouflage hat. I didn't remember him that way of course, because I was too busy remembering his name. How could I forget though? He was cute and I was sixteen without a crush in high school. 

Throughout my first year at work, you could say it was rather bumpy. He has found a liking in flirting with me the old fashioned, hands-on and rough, kindergarten type way where someone was bound to be bruised, but what did that matter anyways? He was flirting and he was cute. How could that bruise possibly stand up to/compete with, that? It wasn't even a thought about question before it just didn't. But while waking up the next day with an insane bruise on my hip from intense side tickling, it happened to matter quite a lot. 

It was that bruise that showed proof of just how much fun I had the night before. From running up the ramp to escape being tormented, to being thrown over his shoulder and rushed back down the ramp to be not-so-lightly set down on the floor, only to be tickled, straddled again and accused of touching his butt when taking his wallet out for leverage, that I could think of no better way to spend a night at work. 

So instead of being miserable with a scowl on my face throughout the day, I smiled because life was good as a sixteen year old working as a showroom usher, getting paid $8.16 an hour with a sort of free employee dinner that included a buffet and ice-cream bar. Yes, life was good. 

Going to work was of no issue. There was no dread... No tiredness... No hating stepping food into the building... 

Going to work was fun!

I guess thats about how it went for the next year until a time when needing more employees was grave. A guy started. I'll say it now because I'm probably almost completely sane, not 110% just yet, but he was ass-hole looking ugly. I mean, I knew it then.. even told one of the girls I worked with that he was ugly, but that didn't stop me from dating this hairless beast for five months. 

(I am totally cringing by the way.)

And I guess that didn't stop Wyatt from be-friending the country/buff lad. After all, he was country and to Wyatt, that itself is beautiful. At this point, me and Wyatt are just friends and remained so for the remainder.