𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"Hey Matt" I said as I climbed their stairs and entered the living room to see Matt on the couch wrapped in a blanket. He looked up and cast a brief smile before looking back to his phone. I looked around for Nick who had left the door open so I could come in but he was no where to be seen. I sat down on the couch opposite Matt and clasped my hands together in my lap.

"You alright?"

"Yeah just tired" tired? it was like 4 in the afternoon. Then again it was Matthew, he usually had a tendency of sleeping in. In all fairness so did I. I relaxed and stared at the coffee table.

"I saw you at the party last night-" Matt spoke ubruptly. I looked at him confused. I hadn't sawn him or his brothers yesterday. I mean to be frank I was pretty hooked with Andrew.

"Oh I never noticed you should've come say hi" I said with a smile. He smiled and nodded.

Nick came jogging downstairs and I got up and gave him a hug.

"Heyy sorry I took so long I just had something important to do"

"No worries so yall ready to film or?" I asked. We had planned to film a car video discussing about some old childhood memories.

"Yeah I am Matt?" Matt looked at Nick and nodded while typing something on his found. Chris came thundering upstairs while downing a pepsi and throwing the can in the bin.

"You ready to film Chris?"

"Ah shit no I'm not I've got to head out"

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME" Nick groaned looking at Chris with wide eyes. He stared back then looked to me.

"Yeah I've got to talk to my team about something related to my new drop coming out" Chris said nochalantly while running his fingers through his hair. Nick mirrored his movements and sighed.

"How long will you be?"

"Like an hour probably"

"Right I'm going with you if you go alone we're probably not gonna see you till night fall"

"Fine then I'll call an uber"

Nick turned to me and rolled his eyes and I smiled. Me and Nick walked into the kitchen and talked for a bit before the uber Chris called arrived to pick them up. Nick and Chris said their goodbyes and left me in the house with Matt. Matt was setting up the lighting equipment which was minimal due to their well lit house and adjusted the microphones and camera. I walked over to him and watched him do what he was doing in silence.

"Who was that guy you were with?"

"Oh him, he's my neighbor and good friend Andrew he helped me settle in and stuff. He's a great guy really. I said walking closer and sitting in one of the chairs. He nodded and continued.

"Yall seemed close"

"Yeah he's like probably one of the sweetest guys I know"

"That's nice" Again there was silence filled with something I couldn't really put a finger on. Matt sighed and tousled his hair then tugged on his shirt a little. He pulled out a pack of gum from his jean pocket and took a piece out then put it in his mouth. He then motioned the pack towards me.

"Want some gum?"

"Sure"

He gave me a piece and then went to organise some things in the kitchen to make it more presentable. As he was moving around he took out a carton of orange juice and poured himself a glass. He took a sip and wiped down the counters then all of a sudden, his hand hit the glass of orange juice and his broke and spilled on the floor.

"Fuck.." He cursed and crouched to pick up the glass. Just by his luck, as he went to pick up a massive shard, the glass cut his palm.

"Ow shit" he groaned. I got up and grabbed a paper towel then went over to him.

"Careful" I crouched and wrapped his palm then applied preassure. He groaned and cursed while running his other hand through his brown waves. I got up and so did he then I slightly dragged him to the couch and sat him down.

"Do you guys have like a first aid kit or like some plasters maybe?"

"Yeah in there" He pointed to a cupboard and I went and grabbed the small kit and went back to Matt and sat beside him. He looked at me as I opened the small box and took out some bandages and wipes to clean the wound further. I started tending for the cut then wrapped it up and tied the bandage together.

"It hurts like shit"

"Yeah I know I've gotten many cuts from glass before it'll get better" I looked at him with a hopeful smile which he reciprocated.

"Thank you for that"

"No problem" I got up and supplies to clean the glass despite him insisting I didn't need to. I sorted everything after I was done and joined him back on the couch again. He had his phone out again and was typing despite the bad cut.

"What are you typing?" I blurted out accidently. He looked at me then at his phone and put it down.

"Stuff"

"Ah"

He glanced down and so did I. We just relaxed until I had gotten a text from Nick.

Gonna be late back cuz there was a crash on the road I'm sorry 🫶

It's all good dw

I sighed and looked at Matt who was already looking at me. He looked away as soon as I noticed

"Nick and Chris are gonna be late  cuz there was a crash"

"Damn that sucks"

"Yeah" I sighed and looked at the cieling.

"Well anyone special in your life?" I asked randomly. He remained silent for a moment then shook my head.

"No not really, no one's really been there for a while" Oh I felt that too well. I had been single for a long time too it wasn't easy at times but ultimately it's for the best.

"Why is that?" I found myself asking. Again there was another short pause then a response.

"I don't know I guess youtube keeps me busy although that's a sob excuse considering we only post once a week and Nick does most the work but I digress. I've never really found the person too." Again something I could full heartedly relate too

"That's real honestly" I sighed and Matt turned to me this time.

"You haven't found anyone either?"

"No not really I don't know. I'm like you just busy with other things. Youtube truly gives you so much to do. So many opputunities" I said and he hummed in agreement.

"Plus relationships are kind of a waste of time"

"Andrew doesn't seem like a waste of time" He muttered under his breath but I heard him quite clearly. My eyebrows furrowed and I looked at him intensely while he was looking away, out of the window.

"Me and Andrew aren't together?" He cleared his throat

"Yeah of course you aren't I was just messing with you" Matt said letting out a humored breath. I smiled and let out a humored breath too.

"Want to watch anything?" He said grabbing the remote off the coffee table and turning the TV on. I thought and nodded.

"Yeah I don't mind"

"What do you wanna watch?"

"Up to you"

Matt went onto Netflix and put on the first episode of a random show and we watched TV together, trying to get rid of the awkward air.