Young love (gay)

"Why is your shirt pink?" Those were the first words he ever said to me, 9 years ago.

"Because it's my favorite color." He looked at me weird. "My mom said pink is a girly color. Boys can't like pink." I frowned. Yes I was the only boy I knew who liked pink. At 7 girls were gross and us as boys could only like "boy colors" and only do "boy things". Still, I was surprised to hear it.

"Do people get you mixed up as a girl? And that's why you like pink? You look a lot like a girl." I gasped and thought that's why I was so different. "Maybe that's why!" He shrugged his shoulders and walked off. From that day on I spent everyday with that boy, Elias.

Thinking girls were gross always stuck with me. I never liked the way they talked or acted around us. Girls were all Elias could ever talk about. "She's hot" or "her boobs are big" teenage boy talk. I would just nod along even though I've never paid attention to those things.

"You should get a girlfriend, Jay." I laugh. "I could never! It'd be too weird." Elias rolled his eyes. "You always make up excuses. I could ask Bree to set you up with someone." He nudges me. "I'd rather find someone myself, thank you." "Whatever, my house or yours" my parents have been fighting this morning and I don't know if the environment around the house has cooled. "Yours."

When we get there I say hi to Elias's parents and then head upstairs. His room smelt like girls to the brim. Not just his girlfriend. Elias is a very attractive guy. He can't help that the girls are all over him I guess. He walks into the room. "Let's watch a movie." I grab the remote and hold it far from him. "We should start with homework. Your grades are low enough." I joke. Elias comes close to me and we're almost eye to eye. Elias is at least 2 inches taller than me. "We should but we're not. We're going to watch a movie" and then he grabs the remote from me and we laugh.

"What movie?" I ask. "The conjuring" I gasp. "Oh come on dude. You know I hate horror movies." He laughs. "It's fine it's fine, I'm here!" I roll my eyes as I sit next to him on the bed. "You're always here and it never helps either way." He turns on the tv and sits back. "We can turn it off whenever, ok?" And then the movie started. (I know nothing about this movie so I won't be giving any details really.)

We were halfway through the movie and I was trembling. Elias notices and turned his head. "You cold jay?" I turn my head towards him. "No.." Then he starts laughing in my face. "BAHHAAHH YOURE SCARED!!" I push him off the bed and he's still laughing. "STOP LAUGHING I ALREADY TOLD YOU I HATE HORROR MOVIES. OF COURSE IM SCARED!" He continues and sits up. "PFTT" he grabs my hand. "You're fine, it's fine. I promise" and we continue to watch the movie.

We finished the movie and our homework but it's pretty late. I'm walking out of his room. "Bye jay, don't let anything happen to you~" I turn around quick. "Hey stop that!!" I tripped on his shoe and almost fell face flat but he caught me in his arms. Elias is very affectionate and everytime he touches me I feel heat to my face. He rubs my shoulders as I get back to my feet. "I'm just kidding, bye jay." This time I freeze before i leave. I lean in and I kiss Elias. He doesn't pull back. He doesn't stop either. It was a minute that passed when he stopped. There was shock on his face and a little bit of something else but I couldn't understand it.

He's silent for a little bit before he says something. "Boys can't like boys." Of course. That's what the look was. Disgust. "Did your mom tell you that too?" He looks at me confused. "What?" I realized what I said. He probably doesn't remember that. As he already had many friends and it was just another friend making time to him. "Nothing..bye Elias." I was trying to walk out be he kept holding my hand. "Don't walk out my life jay..not because of this little thing." Right. I nod then walk home.

The next day I was walking to school. Me and elias usually go walk together but I figured he didn't want to see me today. Then I heard panting and running steps behind me. It was Elias and he grabbed hold of my hand. "Jay! Why didn't you wait?" Before I could say anything Elias grabbed my face and kissed me. Then he said. Still out of breath. "Boys can like boys. I like you Jay." I could feel the heat rise to my face and I tried to hide it. "I like you too.." Elias laughs watching me.

The end

There might not be much short stories here. I just thought of this in class and wanted to write it before the idea went away.