New Around

I was laying in bed wondering what i have done in my life. im a nobody right now. I am just a 15 year old guy with brunette hair. Why cant I ever just pick my butt up out of my bed?

My dad had come up to my room, telling me its time to leave because we are moving. My dad and I are moving because my dad had quit his job because he had another job opportunity in a rainy part of Washington.

"son! come down! we are leaving!" dad yells from down stairs. I am coming down dad! My dad, and I walk out the door. My dad tripped over his shoe laces that he had forgotten to tie before reaching the door handle."Dad! are you ok!?" shouting out loud becaused it scared me. "I may have bruised my knee, but i am fine Earl thank you son" said dad while smiling.

We both get in the dark blue sixty-seven mustang car and drive off for Washington. Some days have passed before we reached washington. I think it was atleast five days before we got there. But we still got there safe.

My dad and I have been quiet around eachother alot. My mom died five months ago, from an eighteen wheeler hitting her green ford truck. The eightteen wheeler driver had not seen the highway while driving. This had happened at night, and hit my mom's truck on the drivers side.

Enough about my mom. It makes me cry at night. But now we have made it to my cabin looking house in, Quincy Washington on 3rd avenue. We had finally made it. We now have to get into the moving truck and start moving boxes.

We both spent alot of the day moving boxes into the house. It was about 9P.M.
and i decided to take a shower. My dad had already fallen asleep. I went into the bathroom and stripped off all of my clothes. I was thinking about how people would think of me before i start school tomorrow. Will people make fun of me because i have no good features about me?, or will they like me because i get along with most people? That is what i kept thinking the time i was in the shower. I had gotten out of the shower and found no towel. This is a no no...

I didnt know what to do...I was naked and had dirty clothes. All I have to do is be quiet right? I had forgotten to get a towel out of the box. So I run to the living room in a sly motion to get a towel out of the box but, then i hear a door open really quick. i rushingly jump up. "AHHH!" My dad and i say at the same time. " Son you are naked!!!" uhhh...i forgot my towel dad....you didnt see anything bad did you? "Im not dead am I?" dad says. Ha ha no dad you are not. But yeah...lets just do what were doing.

I walk back to the bath room and dry off my body and hair. I slip on some new pajamas and head to bed. I all of a sudden start crying. In my head i say "mom...if you can hear me. I love you so much and miss you. I really want you here!" I cry myself to sleep and slept the rest of the night.

The next morning i wake up to my dad sitting there next to me on my bed. "You ready for school Earl?" dad says quietly. I honestly dont know dad. A long pause goes on. Would you think mom would be proud of us? " of course son, why are you asking?". I dont make friends so easily. "That dosent really matter son, as long as you are nice to everyone that deserves kindness." dad says. Ok well. get out so you dont see me like you did last night. Dad walks out laughing a whole lot. I put on my blue jeans and my blue polo shirt. Then i slip on socks and my black boots. "Son! would you like to drive to school today!?" dad askingly yells. yes I do dad!

I run down stairs and jump in the truck where my dad had already gotten to. I back the truck up and drive it forward toward the quincy school."You are going a little too fast Earl..." dad says. Im sorry dad. I am just a little excited. "Excited? for what? That you are driving? Or bc of school?" dad asks. School of course dad.

We finally get to the school. I get out of the truck and close the door while dad gets in the driver's seat. "son dont think about your mother too much Earl..." dad whispers to me. all I say back is ok. "Have a great first day at school son!" dad yells out of the truck as i walk away from it. I will dad!

I slowly walk up to the school and open the door. and and kids just suddenly all glimps at me and start whispering. I don't know if i wanna be here at the moment right now. I all of a sudden had a blast of nervousness.

Then this tall guy in a suit and tie, with blonde hair comes up to me and says "are you Earl? the one from texas?" yes, yes sir i am. "good. I am the counselor, Mr.scarett. Here is your schedule kid. Ill show you to to your first 10th grade class" says Mr.Scarett. which is algebra 2 for me. It was just two doors to the right from where i was standing.

He slowly opens the door for men and I slowly walk in being scared. "Dont be shy kid. It is just a class of people." says the counselor Mr.Scarett. When I walk in I see someone I couldnt believe I saw...