04 | 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐲

Iva's PoV:

"Gia!!...Gia!!" I yelled anxiously.

I'm stunned! How could someone have gained access to our apartment when we clearly locked it?

"What's the matter?" I heard Gia's voice as she rushed out of the bathroom.
"Gia, someone... someone was in our apartment," I told her, feeling genuinely scared.

"Who?" Gia asked, looking puzzled. "How would I know, Gia? Look at this rose and this letter." I held out my hands to show her. "They were placed on the table!" I explained.

Gia didn't say anything; she just gave me a strange look. Why wasn't she concerned? "Gia, it was on the table, which means someone was in our apartment!" I almost yelled, my voice trembling with fear.

As I finished speaking, she burst into laughter. Why was she laughing? This was serious!

"You... You're... crazy, Iva," she said through her laughter. I couldn't understand anything. Here I was terrified, and she was laughing. "Nobody was in our apartment," she said after a while, suppressing her laughter.

"Then what about this rose and letter?" I asked, feeling perplexed. "Of course it was me, Iva. I placed the rose and the letter on the table for you," she told me, provoking my annoyance. So it was her!
And I was a fool for worrying unnecessarily.

"Gia, i will kill you." I yelled as i reached out to pull her hair aggressively. "Wait, what the fuck are you doing! I just wanted to wish you in a romantic way!" She said she defended herself from me.

"I got scared! Atleast you should have told me." I said rolling my eyes irritably.
"Aww...my babygirl got scared? Let's go we will have some fun together." She winked.

"No, i will not get included in your fun. Previously you told me that we are gonna play some web games, and you ended up making me date with random guys." I said crossing my arms.

"Don't brood, i have found something different and amazing thing to do." She said, in a stirring way.

No! This girl is really deceitful.

"Believe me, this time we will do something different. Come with me." She uttered those words and made her way to the room where her computer system was set up. As a skilled programmer, she possessed the ability to code and even dabble in hacking. Her father, a professional programmer, had imparted his knowledge to her, unaware that she had also learned ethical hacking.

I followed her into the room. She was seated in front of her computer, the room shrouded in darkness with only a blue neon light casting an eerie glow. Taking a seat beside her, I peered at the screen, which displayed a web interface as she deftly entered lines of code.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm trying to access dark web." She replied while typing.

It shook me till the core. I stood up from my place, immediately. "What the fuck Gia? Dark web?" I asked in a shock. I have listened about dark web, it is where we can have access to illegal activities and henious crimes.

"Why are you reacting like a kid? Come on, you are not a kid." She said lightly, without removing her eyes from the screen.

"What do you mean by a kid? It's wrong! We should not do this." I said restlessly. I was looking at her in disbelief. She didn't say anything or turn to look at me. I was totally disappointed by her.

After a minute, she turned her face to me and smiled widely, in a surprising way. "Come, sit Iva. See it's finally opened." She exclaimed excitedly. It was getting on my nerves now. "I will not support you in all this." I said angrily. She looked at me annoyingly and rolled her eyes. "If you don't want to join, then you can go." She said and turned back to the screen.