Chapter 14

Author Pov

A girl was passing by when she noticed the crowd. She went in the direction and tried to peek through the crowd. By pushing many people aside she reached near the accident spot. She kept her hands in her mouth and ran to the car. She peeked inside the car and saw a man covered with blood. His white shirt was stained with blood. The girl panicked a bit seeing the situation and immediately checked his pulses. His pulses were working. She shouted.

Girl: SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE. PLEASE!!

A boy from the crowd had already called the ambulance. He came forward and said.

Boy: the ambulance will be arriving soon.

The girl nodded and mumered a thank you. She opened the backseat door and saw some roses which were stained a bit from blood.She sighed understanding how these all happened. Soon the ambulance arrived. She also sat inside near him. The whole ride she held his hand tightly. Soon they arrived at the hospital. He was taken inside the ICU. A nurse came and asked her.

Nurse: mam where is his family? We need the consent to proceed further.

The girl thought for a bit and answered.

Girl: l am his family.

Nurse: okay mam please fill the form.

Girl: yeah.

She filled the details required and deposited the money for the surgery.

Nurse: thank you mam. You can wait here.

Girl: yeah.

The surgery was going on. From time to time she was glancing at the door. A doctor came outside and said.

Doctor: who is his family here?

Girl: doctor me.

Doctor: okay so we have done the surgery but the result of it will be known when he wakes up.

Girl: doctor how much time will it take?

Doctor: in 48 hours.

Girl: thank you.... doctor can l see him.

Doctor: yes.

Girl: thank you doctor.

After saying this she entered the room. She closed the door and saw a man lying on the bed in a lifeless state. Surrounded by machines and all. Her heart ached seeing his condition. She sat on a stole beside the bed and carefully looked at his face which was pale due to blood loss. She forwarded her hand and moved some of his hair from his forehead. She held his hand and creased it with her thumb. She mumered to herself.

Girl: who are you?

Girl: why l am so much worried for you?

***

Shaha mansion

Sona was in her room. She was staring at her wedding lehenga. Thousands of thoughts were roaming inside her. She traced her hand on its fabric and smiled a little. She mumered to herself.

Sona: just two days and I will belong to someone else.

Sona: it feels good to leave the hell and to live a normal life.

She chuckled bitterly at her own thoughts and packed the lehenga as it was and drifted to her sleep.

***

The next day

Sona didn't attend today's college. She took 2 weeks leave. Shalini was with her today. They were talking about some random things.