Can't let go // Chapter 1

"Maddie wake up" her mother came in and opened the curtains.

"It's too early" She moaned against her pillow.

"You have 40 minutes until you have to be at school and you know how long you take to get ready"

Maddie groaned and sat up, looked over at her phone and realized she didn't have much time to get ready, eat breakfast and walk to school. Sighing she got out of bed and threw on a grey shirt, boy jeans and her converses. She went into the bathroom and pulled her light brown hair into a high ponytail. After doing so she applied a tiny amount of makeup and made her way downstairs for breakfast.

"Eat up" Her mother pushed a plate in front of her and she did what she was told.

"What time do you start work tomorrow?" She asked her mother as she ate.

"The usual, but i think that's changing soon. Why's that?" Her mother said as she wiped the bench down.

"Oh, I just have plans with Rylee that's all."

"Sounds interesting, what are you guys doing?"

"We're going bowling"

"Good luck"

"Thanks, i'll need it since i don't know how to bowl at all" She chuckled and put her plate into the dishwasher, she then ran upstairs and brushed her teeth, grabbed her bag and headed off to school.

That's until she halted at the door and looked at the time, the bell would ring for first period in 5 minutes and as much as she loved walking in the mornings she couldn't afford getting a late detention.

"Mom!" She shouted

"What?!"

"You know how you love me" Her mother walked into the door entrance

"What is it?"

"Can you please drive me to school?" She said with a smile on her face.

Her mother sighed, "Get in the car i'll meet you there in a minute"

"Thank you" she said as she walked out of the door.

-

"Maddie, hi" Rylee her best friend said to her as she snuck in the seat beside her

"Hi" she whispered and pulled out her notes

"Maddie nice to see you" The teacher turned around from facing the bored

Maddie turned to face Rylee with worry on her face, turning to the teacher giving her best best cheesy smile "You too" Maddie said, and quickly started writing notes from the board. She was lucky enough the teacher hadn't made her walk to the office and get a late pass, instead she marked Maddie as present on the roll. I guess that's what good students get.

-

"Can you believe it? we only have four weeks left of school until summer break"

"Is that a good or a bad thing?" Maddie said to Rylee as she finished exchanging books in her locker.

"Good, why would it be a bad thing?" Rylee asked with the least bit of confusion.

"I just want to get this year over and done with to be completely honest"

"It will, it will go fast and then next thing you'll know you'll be in college"

"Right" Maddie sighed.

"When abou-"

"Move out of my way" Maddie turned her head and watched as someone got shoved against the wall, Carter.