E P I L O G U E

J E R E M Y

J E R E M Y

A year and a half later,

"She's pregnant!" Vincent screamed through the screen, his eyes widening as I made an announcement against his will.

Melian popped up on the screen and asked, "Jemmy, what's pregnant mean?"

"Mel, it means you're going to have a little baby around you in a few months," Vincent explained.

"A baby!" she exclaimed, dancing in joy.

"A foal." I corrected.

"Who's pregnant?" A loud voice came from the background. Vincent turned around, trying to stop the person from coming closer, but she had already appeared on the screen. Her eyes went wide as she stared at me, then at Vincent.

"Hey," she said, turning to me again, her face flushed with embarrassment.

I, too, was startled. "You two... what's going on?" I asked, curiosity taking over. "And you brought Melian as well. What are you all up to?"

Silence. No one spoke as their secret was inadvertently revealed.

"Vincy taking us to the amusement park! But Jemmy, when am I going to meet the baby? Tell me!" Melian asked excitedly.

I shifted my focus from the awkward duo to Melian. "Once you start elementary school."

She frowned. "How long is that take?" she asked, but Lucy cut her off.

"She's pregnant, and no one bothers to tell me?" Lucy said, sulking. To make it worse, Vincent added, "Let me correct that-five months pregnant."

Lucy's eyes widened in disbelief. "I can't believe you! How dare you hide this from me, and did you forget she's just eighteen? How can you... " she shook her head in disbelief.

Vincent said something teasing, and before I could explain, they kept going. I closed my eyes tightly, pinching the bridge of my nose, trying to ease the irritation. Opening them, I interrupted, "Stop making up your own theories, both of you. Vincent, can you stop being so annoying for once? Lucy, we're talking about Asil, not Ava. Ava is not pregnant-it's Asil."

She said oh as she got what I meant. "You're such an asshole," Lucy punched Vincent's arm in annoyance. Not missing a beat, Melian repeated the word she'd just heard.

"Asshole! Vincent is an asshole!"

They both tried to stop her, explaining that it was a bad word she shouldn't use, but Melian kept saying it and I was looking at the three of them with wide eyes.

Three wild humans in one frame.

The sight made me sigh. Running a hand through my hair, I started driving home.

On the way back, Vincent FaceTimed me, so I pulled over to take the call.

But sitting there while they caused chaos on the other side of the screen was driving me insane. I resumed driving, ignoring the mess they were creating until I reached home.