Chapter 1: The seperation

Just 4 years old, I knew what it felt to be broken, to be useless, to be nothing. I always wondered if anyone even cared, if anyone even loved me. Well now I know the truth, I found my way out of this mess, all by myself.

        It all started when i was 3, I expected it to be an ordinary day. Looking through the pictures, seeing a delicate peice of a beautiful family portrait. The father, so proud of what he done. The mother so loving and caring, and their little brightful child, Dakota... meaning "forever smiling." At that day, as I watched my mother, Mink, cooking. I can smell the fresh delightful food. After a while, I heard big booming sounds outside, I didnt know what it was. It was so loud I started crying. I heard screams, deadly ones. I heard more of the booming sounds, it got louder and louder. My father rushed in the house as he paniced. He grabbed some stuff as my mother too. They seem so terried. At one point I saw my mother happily cooking, now so afraid after I heard those loud booms. I wondered what happened, as I cryed my mother picked me up.

     "Don't worry Dakota, we will be okay, sssh stop crying now my baby girl." My mother whispered to me as she tried to calm me down." I looked at her hazel soft eyes, and she looked at mine to, as soon of a sudden I heard a big boom again. This time it sounded like it was closer. My mother screamed, my father... was down... bleeding. He been shot, my mother began to cry, I turned around seeing my father so lifeless on the ground. A group of men, looking so different than the others. They were wearing big peices of clothing, that covered their faces, and I think they were holding guns. I began to cry again, I was so terrified. My mother began to run the other direction. The group of men saw her. I heard them saying "Get her! Get her!" My mother seemed so terrified. As she ran out the house she covered a blanket on me, I never seen such terror in my mom. Her eyes were so watery. I didn't know what was going on, so I tried to keep quiet.

        I couldn't see a thing, because my mother covered me. All I heard were voices of screams from many people, including my mother. I heard the big boomings of the guns again. I heard a woman saying "we are being terrorized!" I wondered what that meant. I wondered where my dad is, will he be okay? My mother then took the blanket off my face, I saw her crying, tears running down her delicate face. I started crying again, I never seen such thing. I wondered where we are, as I asked her in a very light voice "Mommie where are we?"

          "Don't worry baby, I will get you out of here safely no matter what. I love you Dakota." Those last words my mother told me. She placed me in a small fishing boat, she took out the peice of family portrait I was looking at. She placed it in the blankets as she covered me again with the soft blankets. And then I felt a gently push on the fishing boat. I can smell the water scent. I think my mother was about to get in the boat to, but then I heard a group of men. They spotted her. My mother then pushed the boat into the deep. I heard the men yelling "Kill her! Get her!" My mother screamed as she tried to run. I cried once more, I wanted my mommie and daddie now. But they aren't there, for the first time. As i heard the big boom once more. I heard no screams of my mother no more.