twenty🩸

After hours of rest, Miyeon slowly opened her eyes feeling way better than before

After hours of rest, Miyeon slowly opened her eyes feeling way better than before. The heavy fatigue and pain had lessened, and for a moment, everything that had happened before felt like a fever dream. 

She soon got up, rubbing her eyes, and noticed the quiet of the room. Her body felt stronger now, the blood transfusion clearly having helped.

Miyeon swung her legs off the bed and quietly slipped out into the hallway. The dim light and stillness made everything feel even more surreal.

As she turned the corner into the waiting room, her eyes immediately landed on Jaeyun. He was slumped over on a row of chairs, fast asleep. His usually sharp and alert features were softened by sleep, his expression peaceful, even vulnerable. His hair was slightly messy, his arm draped over his face as he leaned back against the seat.

Miyeon found herself smiling without meaning to. He looks cute like this, she thought to herself.

Miyeon was just about to gently wake Jaeyun when she heard the door creak open. Turning around, she saw Sunghoon entering the room. His eyes widened slightly when he noticed her standing there, clearly not expecting her to be awake so soon.

"Miyeon?" Sunghoon said, a bit surprised but quickly recovering his calm demeanour. "I didn't think you'd be up already. How are you feeling?"

Miyeon glanced between Sunghoon and the still-sleeping Jaeyun, feeling slightly flustered. "I'm feeling a lot better now, actually. What brings you here?"

Sunghoon hesitated for a moment, his eyes flicking over to Jaeyun. "I heard about what happened at the Blood Moon and I wanted to check up on how you are doing."

Miyeon gave a small smile, but a flicker of confusion remained in her eyes. "That's so sweet of you Sunghoon. Thank you very much."

Sunghoon smiled, his demeanour softening. "You're very most welcome Princess." Sunghoon soon turned to leave but Miyeon stopped him with something to say.

Miyeon hesitated for a moment before glancing at Sunghoon. "Could you do something for me please Sunghoon?" she asked softly.

Sunghoon raised an eyebrow, curious but also a bit wary. "What do you have in mind?"

Leaning in closer, Miyeon whispered her request into his ear, a small, mischievous smile forming on her lips as she finished speaking. Sunghoon pulled back, his eyes widening in surprise for a moment before a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"Alright," he said with a chuckle, clearly amused. "I'll see what I can do."

As Sunghoon turned to leave, Miyeon quickly added, "Oh, and can I get a change of clothes? Something that isn't a hospital gown?"

Sunghoon let out a louder chuckle this time, shaking his head slightly. "I'll see what I can find for you. Just give me a minute," he said, heading out of the room.