Proship: The basics.

Pro (prefix) = an attitude of being "for" something.
To ship (verb) = to have an affinity to a particular romantic or sexual pair in media.

Meaning of the term: Pro-ship are individuals that don't harras people over fictional pairs. They believe that everyone can enjoy what makes them happy since none of this is illegal in any part of the word. They don't necessarily need to shipp something. They just think that people who are in the shipping culture should be respected regardless of what pair they are into.

"Do proshippers need to like incestuous/age gape shipps?" No. "Do they need to be lolishos?" No. "Do they need to shipp something?"No!

There is only one thing necessary to be a proshipper: be respectful. Proshippers CAN feel triggered/uncomfortable with some topics portrayed in media, BUT they CAN'T harras/bully people who enjoy those things.

"Oh, I feel uncomfortable, and I dislike x and y pair cos it is incest! But I wouldn't tell someone "kys!" Or doxx them over it. I prefer to block them. Am I an anti or a proshipper?"

You are a proshipper!

ALL proshippers are anti bullying. All proshippers don't want to harras someone, and all proshippers know how bad bullying can affect someone's life. All proshippers want to enjoy fandom without shipping wars.

Proshippers are also anti censorship. I will give you an example:

Mr A made a horror book that portrays children being tormented by a monster! He has published it, and both Mia (proshipper) and Alex(anti) end up reading it. Both of them feel triggered by it's content but they have very distinguished reactions about it.

Mia felt triggered by the book and will not read it again. But, she just believes that this book is not made for her! Maybe someone like her friend, Alyssa, will like it. She thinks that it is okay to Mr. A publish such a book since it's only fiction! She will NOT harras Mr. A and the people who liked the book or even try to ban the book.

On the other hand, Alex is not just triggered but infuriated! He will proceed to try to sue Mr A for publishing his book. He also will post about online, trying to find fans of the book and bully/doxx them. He doesn't want this book on the shelfs anymore, since HE didn't liked it( many antis have this weird protagonist syndrome, when they believe every piece of media needs to be 100% safe and 100% their cup of tea. Oh God).

"Well, I don't see any problem in Alex's behavior! He was just triggered by the book!"

Well, imagine that this book is not made by Mr A... but made my Stephen King!! Yes, I'm talking about IT, a very popular book that also has movies. Do you think that both the book and movies should be burned and banned because SOME people will not enjoy it? What about Junji Ito manga?

If your answer is "yes," then you are an anti. But don't be a hypocrite. Antis CAN'T consume dark media and then blame on the others for doing the same. Yes, if you enjoy gore movies with children dying, you are no better than the person who enjoys shipping Elizabeth x Michael Afton.

—— About Antis:

Anti(prefix) = an attitude of being "against" something.

All antis believe that bullying and abuse are okay as long it is with their target group(anti-abuse people). They also believe that videogames, music, movies, comics, shows, and more can make people violent and turn them into abusers. Furthermore, they will NOT consume or enjoy dark media (horror movies, killing games, psychological thriller, adult novels, etc). The only thing they aprove is your Jesus Christ Saturday morning cartoon/srs. Cos they are against anything that can be read as violent, sexual or problematic(problematic can be: racist/queerphobe characters, racism/queerphobia portrayed in media, sexist characters, etc)

 Cos they are against anything that can be read as violent, sexual or problematic(problematic can be: racist/queerphobe characters, racism/queerphobia portrayed in media, sexist characters, etc)

Antis are bullys, so they will try to chase down a space that has people that are against their beliefs, and they will try to take it down (AO3).

Banned list of the antis(things that antis seen as immoral)
— Short skirts
— Swin suits
— Ice cream
— Lolipops
— Guns
— Blood

— Blushing
— 3 y age gape
— Teen x Teen
— Child x Child
— Sexuality hc for minors
— Mentions of sex in dialogue
— Adults creating novels 4 adults.
— ....and the list goes on....

Remember: Antis are radically pro censorship and pro abuse. So you will end up seeing some fucked up stuff.

Things that are okay for antis(somehow):
— Rape jokes
— Pedo jokes
— Zoo jokes
— "Uuuh I hope u get abused !! ><"
— Doxxing
— Kys jokes
— Sh jokes
— Tons of threats.

They are, of course, EXTREME chronically online. They would die for a child character from a show that they never watched. They cry about "stole emoji combos." "Oh evil proshippers stole everything that is cute!!".... bro, NOBODY is using 🏳️‍🌈🎀💦🔥🪻🪼  PLS CHILL WTF

They DON'T know what boundaries are. They will dedicate all their time to be abusers online. Also, they are art stealears, who complain when someone on Twitter traces art, but them they will go and trace a proshippers art. Bro, LEARN HOW TO MAKE ART.

"Oh, but I don't ship anything

"Oh, but I don't ship anything." It's problematic. Ao, antis will not be weird around me... right?"

Wrong!! Antis are antis, as I already said: anything that goes against their Puritan agenda is morality wrong for them.  If they claim that you shipp is "siblings coded" they WILL harrass you EVEN IF THEY AREN'T RELATED AT ALL.

My point here is: Most people are manipulated to believe that they aren't antis. Believe me, you are not an anti unless you behave like them:

 Believe me, you are not an anti unless you behave like them: