The Cursed Queen

The Pony Tales series:
The Tales of the Four Kingdoms:
The Cursed Queen

Once upon a time, a long time ago, before the times of Celestia and Luna themselves, or the Equestrian foundation, there was four kingdoms. They've been classified as fairytale to this day, but.. what if they aren't?
_______________________________
Once upon a time there was a beautiful queen. Her heart was pure, she was a beautiful mare and her love and loyalty was to her country and ponies. The country to the west's king fell deeply in love with her. However, this king was bethroned to a landlord's cruel daughter. She held striking beauty that but only had eyes for gold, land, and power, with a pitch black heart.

When the cruel mare learned of her husband's affections, she became enraged. She sought that the kingdom to the east was destroyed. She sent soldiers to her lands to bring her demise, but with the east kingdom's warriors' loyalty and respect for their Queen, they overpowered the enemy soldiers.

The Queen's executioner was a dark sir, whom the queen admitably held feelings for him and loved him as much as her country. However, the mind of the stallion's mind was plagued with greed, heart with hate. With the well pay he received, he barely spared the dead and dying a glance, deserving or not. He had no spouse and descendants, for he saw no point in love, and held none.

The mare of the east learned of him, and sought him out. She told him he would be given the throne and riches if he helped her in destroying the queen. He lacked any hesitation in agreeing to this, but asked to be able to do what he chose as the best method.

The executioner calmly asked to see the queen and her best ponies of arms, for he had a battle strategy that they should hear. When they gathered, the mare of the west burst in, and she and the executioner used a spell to change the other ponies for centuries to come. The newly disfigured ponies fled, but the executioner held back the queen. "For your foolishness and childishness, let me show you what it is like to be despised for as long as I have." The queen was made immortal and with her broken heart and betrayal fresh in her mind, her soul became twisted and dark, and established a kingdom far away from the ponies that hurt her.

The executioner received the throne and the kingdoms of the east and west became close allies.
And this, was not, a happy ever after.