Satan

The story alternates between the perspectives of two very different children as they grow into strong young teenagers, Selena Grayson and Matthew Harris. The story starts with Selena.

In the pits of hell, there lays satan with a beautiful young girl with hair as light as the rays of the sun playing by his feet with not a care in the world and a big smile. She turns to the King Of Hell and says, "Daddy, can I go up there and play?"""As she points to the red, stained sky." Lucifer says, ""You can't, Selena."" You have to stay down here," You are only eight years old, but once you turn twelve you have a big decision to make. One that means you have to stay here. Selena looks at her father sadly and says, "Does that mean I'll never get to meet my mommy?"

Soon, my child. Very soon.

Selena hears a man screaming far away from them and covers her ears as her father gets out of his throne and says "For now, I need you to go to your room." Daddy has some business to attend to. "Del, take her to her room."" And the last thing the child saw as she was being dragged away was her father plunging a curved knife into a pleading man's chest, and she screams as the woman holding her covers her eyes and quickly carries her to her room." Selena sobs in her arms as the older woman gently strokes her hair and says "It's alright Lenny."" The man will be alright,""

As the years go by leading to her twelfth birthday , Selena's beauty continues to grow with each passing day, as does her resentment towards her father and his evil ways. He notices and decides to ignore it.
For now...

Selena sits quietly as Del carefully places her tiara on her bed, braiding her long and beautiful hair as she sings to herself. "I haven't heard your beautiful singing voice in almost four years, Selena. ""Why, you've hardly spoken at all since that night." Selena throws the toy she was holding and says "As long as I'm stuck in this dreadful place with that horrible man, well I'm afraid you may never hear it again, Ms Del". Del gives Selena a warm hug, comforting her as she waits for her father. Selena shoves off the friendly hand, and runs into the bathroom. She closes the door as a mysterious light shines through the shower door.

She peeks her head through, and sees a place with colors she's never seen before! Grass that isn't set ablaze and trees not made of dead bark. And a boy no older than herself, walking towards her. She tries to hide, but he offers a hand and says "Are you ok? Maybe i can help you find your mom".  She grabs his hand and he helps her up. When she looks up she realizes she is no longer in her bathroom.  "My name is Matthew, what's yours?" He asks.   "Selena" she whispers shyly.

"Selena!" They both hear her name being called, and Selena panics." "Help me, please," she pleads. "My daddy, he's-" but before she can finish, a large puff of smoke blinds them both! The ground underneath them cracks, and a large creature crawls out. Matthew jumps in front of Selena, only to be swiped aside with a gash on his left side. He watches the horrid doglike creature drags Selena under with it, hearing her scream for help as his vision slowly fades. Just as they disappear, another young boy in glasses runs up to him and yells "Matty! Are you OK?". As Matthew starts to lose consciousness, he looks at his friend and says "Jonah, we have to find her. She's in trouble". Jonah shakes his friend and asks "Who'sin trouble? ".

Selena..

And Matthew passes out.