The Trip

I was so excited when I got the news that we were going to London, England, for the summer. I have always wanted to visit there. Its not because of meeting someone famous, but because I have always wanted to see how other people live. I think its more that I want to experience driving on the other side of the road and the people being ruled by a queen.

    My name is Skylar, and I live in the United States. Actually to be more exact, I live in the state of Indiana with both my parents and my older brother who is 20. Right now, I'm 16 but will be turning 17 in a couple of weeks. I don't mind leaving my friends for so long because most of them are going somewhere too. I'm determined to make this the BEST summer ever! 

    I turn my music on and finish packing for the trip but leave things I'll need in the morning out. When I finish, I go to bed and fall asleep almost instantly. The next morning, I wake up and get ready for the beginning of a great summer. Even though its warm here, I put on my favorite pair or jeans and a plaid shirt keeping in mind the weather in England is different. We load everything up into the car and head to the airport.

    At the airport, we get something to eat while we wait to board the plane. When our flight is called, we board, and I take my seat next to the window. I look out the window and begin to get nervous. This is my first time ever on an airplane. Once we are in the air, I look out the window and then fall asleep. I'm only asleep for a couple of hours at a time the whole trip.