Carnival dreams

The vibrant carnival lights cast a magical glow over Saraah’s face. She stood before her dressing mirror, her hands trembling with anticipation, an electric energy coursing through her veins. Her reflection stared back at her, revealing a hint of her knife-like aura that she often used as a shield.

“Today is all about sharp decisions, huh?” she said to herself, her lips curving into a wry smile. She adjusted her costume, the crimson and gold fabric feeling familiar yet transformative. Saraah had mastered the art of balancing on the edge, both in her performances and in her life.

As the carnival came to life beyond the mirror, past memories stirred within her. It was a tug-of-war she’d grown accustomed to, a relentless struggle against her own history. She couldn’t help but recall the very first day she’d stepped onto the carnival grounds with her mother, their hands interlaced, fingers tightly bound by love and excitement.

But the memory that struck her most was the one she wished to forget, the image of her mother’s tragic accident. She could almost hear the deafening silence that followed, as her mother’s laughter turned into an eerie echo, lost in the cruel winds of fate.

A shiver ran down her spine as the past images melted into the present. Her mother’s laughter now seemed like a distant echo, leaving a void that could never be filled. The carnival was both her haven and a haunting reminder of that fateful day.

With an inward sigh, Saraah turned away from her past and focused on her performance. Tonight, the carnival would become her stage once more. The echo of memories couldn’t hold her back; she was determined to leave a new mark, brighter and more dazzling than ever before.

But she couldn’t deny the trepidation that danced beneath her humor. The past and the present merged on this carnival stage, and Saraah was caught in the middle. Would tonight be just another performance, or would it be the night that finally set her free from the shadows of her memories? Only time, and her skill, would tell...