𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲

" And he will dance on Tennu Leke for Sangeet and I'll have my entry during the female verse and—"

" I will do no such thing." Shubman recalled retorting, cutting through that annoying, squeaky, high pitched voice.

He'd perfectly managed to fake an injury he insisted he got during practice, to make it appear real, he went to the doctor—to Sara, who'd laughed at seeing him so exasperated, but nonetheless helped him get his ankle bandaged.

When he came back home, he had high hopes of having the wedding date delayed, and later cancelled maybe?

But Abigail had bluntly refused.

She reluctantly agreed on having no dance of the couple for the sangeet, but, to his utter misfortune, she refused to postpone the wedding date.

The Dhillons and The Gills were family friends, had been for ages now.

When Shahneel and Shubman were toddlers, the Dhillons moved to Canada, and settled there.

Shubman, even as a toddler, found it relieving.

Abigail Dhillon had always been a brat, who never heard no for an answer, who always had things go her way, and who thought the world had to revolve around no one but her.

As they grew, and he grew more and more fond of cricket, and never gave up on his dream of becoming a cricketer, eventually achieving his childhood dream, earning awards, a fandom and fame, Abigail suddenly knew what she wanted—marrying him and becoming his trophy wife, or, more like making him her trophy husband she could flaunt easily, anywhere among her social circle.

Shubman had refused each time she asked, shattering her fragile ego,

And she turned it into the sole motive of her life—marrying Shubman Gill, putting him on a leash and enjoying the advantages of being his wife.

When Abigail put forward her demand across her parents, expecting a positive response like always, she'd been disappointed.

Her parents, well aware that Shubman had no whatsover attraction for her, profusely refused.

But when it turned into her stubbornness and she refused to do anything unless her demand was given into.

Helpless, her parents put across the wedding proposal before his,

Keart and Lakhwinder had been stumped. Put in position where they couldn't refuse after endless requesting, or literally begging, they, much to their son's horror, said yes.

That day, had been the worst nightmare of Shubman's life.

He could envision Abigail, literally putting him on a leash, and treating him worser than she treated her dog.

Shubman tried all sorts of tricks in order to get Abigail to back out of the wedding, but to his and his family's misfortune, she did not back out.

She was quite stubborn about what she wanted.

He recalled all her weird demands, dark olive green outfits for the wedding day, neon pink for the sangeet, her choice of colour had been horrifying.