𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔

"That was one of the funniest videos I have ever done" Nick exclaimed while laughing his head off. I nodded and laughed; we had just filmed a cooking video for my channel because everyone seemed to love seeing Nick struggle and the place was a mess. We were filming at his place because my kitchen was currently going through renovations.

"We need to clean up"

"Agreed" said Chris who was putting away the filming equipment. He helped us by recording and doing some additional commentary. We laughed and got out the cleaning supplies to get this place in better shape. Once everything was organised we all flopped on the couch and Nick grabbed the remote to put something on, I was scrolling on Instagram and Chris was texting someone.

"Guys Matt said he's bringing someone over" Chris said rubbing his hands together with a smile. Everytime I thought of Matt our conversation, always came to mind. It had been about a week since then and I was curious about what was going on. Did he get rejected or something? I hadn't talked to Matt since that day and I hadn't been over at their place either so I never saw him. When I got here this morning, he was already gone. Maybe he's just having a hard time or something.

"Ooo I wonder who it is" Nick said amused. He put on a random movie from Netflix and relaxed into the couch. I turned off my phone and looked at the TV to drown out the thoughts. There was a moment of silence before Chris spoke.

"I'm hungry do yall wanna get take out?" Chris said going onto postmates on his phone.

"Yeah I'm down"

"Same can you get me a cheeseburger Chris?"

"Yeah ofcourse what about you lys?"

"I'll have the same"

"Got it" Chris ordered food and then put his phone away to watch the movie. The movie was descent, would I watch it again? Probably not but Chris seemed to really enjoy it.

About half an hour later the front door opened and laughter filled the air. Me, Nick and Chris all sat up curious about who it was with Matt. It sounded like a woman.

"Matt stopp" She laughed.

"Come on" Matt said gently as he walked up the stair his hand in hers.

"Hey guys" Matt said with a smile as mystery girls face finally came into view. She had auburn wavy hair and blue eyes which were deeper then Matts. She had light freckles and a baby blue sweater with baggy jeans. I looked to Chris and Nick who were in shock, both of their mouths hanging slightly open. There was a short pause.

"Matt-"

"This is Isabella my girlfriend"  he said with a small smile and cheeks tinted pink. She smiled and did a little wave.

"Your girlfriend Matt you didn't tell-"

"I know this is a bit of a suprise for you guys but I love her, we've been together for almost a week now." There was more silence and I felt my heart sinking slowly. So he didn't get rejected? Not that I wanted him to get rejected or anything, no. Just, I didn't know. I mean she was gorgeous, I see why Matt would like her but it almost felt like someone threw a massive rock at my head.

Okay that's a little dramatic

"It's great to meet you Isabella" I said giving her a smile and getting up from the couch. I walked over to her slightly awkwardly and gave her a smile hug. She hugged me back eagerly and Nick and Chris got up and walked over to us. I let go of her and glanced at Matt, His pink cheeks had turned a deep red at this point and Chris dabbed him up more gently then usual.

"Proud of you brother, it's great to meet you Isabella" He said his usual charm coming back into his body. Isabella nodded and Nick gave her a little side hug. I walked back to the couch to sit down and Nick sat down beside me. I watched as Chris and Matt talked while she stood behind him looking down.

"She seems... sweet?" Nick said and I nodded in agreement.

"I just wish he told me about this instead of just popping in with a girlfriend" he said a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

"I'm sure he's just shy" I said defending Matt

"Yeah but I'm his brother I don't know whatever" He said getting up and wandering off to the kitchen. I took out my phone before my attention was drawn but redhead. She sat down beside me but on the furthest end of the couch to create some distance.

"Your Alyssa correct?" She asked, her voice was soft, soothing. She would make a good elementry school teacher.

"Yeah I am"

"I guessed that, Matt had told me about you"

"He did?" I said in suprise

"Yeah he said how he had asked one of his friends, you, about how he was going to ask me out and for advice and stuff. I asked who it was and he told me about you, you guys were friends from the beginning of highschool, thats awesome! I'm not friends with many people from highschool. I mean in all fairness I did move to the literal otherside of America." She rambled but I zoned out halfway through the conversation.

Highschool friends?  We had known eachother since elementry school? plus we dated for the majority of highschool what the fuck did he mean friends? We were much more then friends alright.

"Alyssa?" Isabella spoke softly. I looked at her and noticed she had gotten a little closer to me. I blinked a couple times and shook my head.

"Sorry I zoned out what were you saying?"

"It's alright I was saying that I don't have many highschool friends here, I moved all the way across the country"

"Oh thats sad uhm where did you move from?" I asked looking over to Matt who was still talking to Chris by the stairs but his eyes were fixed on us. Chris turned his head and gave me a smile which I smiled back.

"New Jersey"

"Wow thats cool"

"Yeah, oh I wanted to say I love watching your videos!" She said with a little laugh. I looked at her in suprise.

"Thank you?" I replied

"Yeah I work at my dad's coffee shop, oh wait you already know that. Uhhm yeah but I also do photography here and there as a little side hobby."

"Wow that's cool can I see some of your work?" I asked. I mean I've got to give her a chance regardless of everything.

"Uhhm yeah I've got some on my phone two seconds" She took out her phone from her back pocket and turned it on. Her lockscreen was a collage of photo's of Matt. I looked away feeling a bit like a creep staring at her phone until she tapped my shoulder and showed me her photography pieces.

"This is one is a picture I took in the grand canyon from a trip I went on with some friends last year, and this one is one of my favourites actually, it's Matt I took on the beach like 2 days ago." She said blushing. He had wet hair was wearing a flannel and jorts, looking out into the horizon. The sky was red and amber and there wasn't too many people in the background. It was a good photo, she really knew her stuff.

"They're really good" I said simply. I twisted a strand of hair around my finger tightly. She looked at me with something in her eyes. This disappeared quickly however and she casted a bright smile flashing her teeth.

"Thank you I take great pride in my photography" She said looking away and I nodded.