1. Two worlds 🫀💔

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER:

A woman stood confidently in the middle of a grand ballroom, the elegant surroundings a sharp contrast to the intensity of her mission

A woman stood confidently in the middle of a grand ballroom, the elegant surroundings a sharp contrast to the intensity of her mission. The chandeliers above cast a soft, golden glow on the glittering crowd, but her focus was entirely on one man—the target of her first undercover investigation as a journalist.

Dressed in a sleek, black gown that hugged her figure and gave her an air of sophistication, Pankti Agarwal blended seamlessly with the high-profile guests at the lavish party. Her hair was styled in soft waves, her makeup immaculate, making her look every bit the wealthy socialite she was pretending to be. Yet beneath that calm exterior, her sharp mind was at work, calculating every move.

Her target, Mr. Rajan Malhotra, a well-known businessman with ties to shady dealings, stood near the bar, surrounded by sycophants and associates. He was charming his way through the room, completely unaware that the woman smiling politely at the other end of the hall was about to expose his entire operation.

Pankti had done her homework. She knew Malhotra's weaknesses—his greed, his arrogance, and most importantly, his under-the-table dealings. Tonight, she planned to gather the final piece of evidence to bring him down.

 Tonight, she planned to gather the final piece of evidence to bring him down

I spotted him near the bar, surrounded by his usual entourage of yes-men. Arrogant idiot. He was all smiles and charm, acting like he owned the place. "Kamina," I thought, trying not to roll my eyes. This man, with all his under-the-table deals, bribes, and illegal ventures, had no idea he was about to walk right into a trap.

Taking a deep breath, I made my way over to the bar, my heels clicking softly against the floor. I had to play this right—get him talking, and make sure I had the evidence I needed. But every step closer to him made me want to gag.

"Mind if I join you?" I asked, flashing a smile I didn't feel.

His eyes swept over me in that disgusting, predatory way that made my skin crawl. He grinned, showing off his too-perfect teeth. "Of course, darling. How could I say no to such lovely company?"

"Tharki Buddha," I cursed silently, keeping my face composed. I forced a sweet smile and sat down next to him, even though every fiber of my being wanted to punch him. But I couldn't blow my cover now.