Love Song (Brittana FanFic)

I sat in the same old apartment I had been sitting in the last few days. I, Santana Lopez, have been doing nothing but reading lesbian blogs and watching random old people movies with Lady Hummel and Dwarf. Lately, I can't stop thinking about what exactly my "purpose" is in New York. Like, what am I supposed to do? Enroll in some dramatic arts school? Sell hot-dogs on the side of the street? Whatever it may be, I need to find myself. Ew, "find myself" is too Berry-ish.

"Satan, oops I mean Santana, can we hurry up and watch American Idol already? It's killing me. Just hand over the damn remote," spat Kurt from across the room before I tossed it to him.

Ugh, everyone around me is so happy except for ME. It sucks and just isn't fair. I wish I had someone to open up to. Maybe Brittany. No. She's with that baby-head sucking douche named Sam. Sometimes when I think of Brittany, I get hungry. Might as well make the lovey-dovie people feed me. I mean, if I can't have love, can I at least have food?

"Berry! Fix me some damn chips before I go all Lima Heights!" I shouted at Rachel, knowing that I really wouldn't hurt her because I was too lazy. 

She put her head back and groaned. Before I knew it, she was piling tortilla chips into a bowl and pouring cheese and salsa into two individual bowls for us to share. Even if I do have have to share, at least I get to eat my heart out, and you know, maybe have a little chance for some kind of conversation. Even though it might now seem like it, I love these two fools more than words could ever describe.

"Here," said Rachel, walking up while Kurt stood up some sort of table to put the chips and dip on as they both surprisingly sat down right beside me, making a Santana sandwich. Sophomore year, I never imagined I'd actually be sharing an apartment with them in New York, and certainly not them choosing to sit by me.

I quietly munched on my chips. I couldn't quite wrap my mind around a relevant conversation starter. Surprise, I know right?

All of a sudden, there was a knock at the door.

I jumped up to get it, and I was almost as shocked to see who was there as I was when Kurt won Prom Queen.