18 : no, i don't like her

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ; I WOULD NEVER LIKE HER AT ALL

Sowon parked the car, and Narae sighed with relief, happy that her best friend was coming with her to one of these games

Sowon parked the car, and Narae sighed with relief, happy that her best friend was coming with her to one of these games. Typically, Sunoo would be too busy attending to his players, so it would leave Narae bored and pouty. "I'm happy you're here, but tell me why you offered to come with me again?" Sowon looked up, curious. "I'm just saying. You're not really into soccer."

"Jaeyun invited me," Narae's eyes widened. "I was only offering to drive you, Song Narae. I was going to come either way."

"He invited you!?" She laughed in disbelief, beginning to stomp her feet. "I can't believe this. You know, it's still mind-boggling that you both are friends. Tell me, what else has happened since our last in-depth conversation about him?"

Sowon looked at the time. There were fifteen minutes left before the game began, which spared her enough time to let the gossip blossom. "Well, after he apologized, we ran to my house because it was storming. I begged Mom to let him sleep over–"

"WHAT!?" Narae screamed at the top of her lungs, causing Sowon to wince. "You let him sleep over? Oh my god, Ryu Sowon! That's the first boy that's ever slept over because of you, and he's not even your boyfriend! I would've said he's the first-ever, but Yeonjun's probably slept over once."

"He's slept over many times. He's integrated into our family," Sowon rolled her eyes, but she enjoyed Yeonjun's presence. He was a good advisor and also a good boyfriend to Sohee. "Anyway, he slept over, and we talked about stuff, just casual conversation. Sohee took him back the next morning. Then, we went to Sunghoon's swim meet together, and he got jealous."

"Jealous?" Narae smirked. "How?"

"He said I shouldn't get close to him and all that. He even was jealous that Sunghoon was texting me, and I told him Sunghoon texts me through social media, not my number," Sowon giggled at the memory. "So, I gave him my number because he seemed desperate."

"Wow," Narae leaned her head against the headrest. "You're impeccable, Sowon. Real crazy. Your bravery and pride... I couldn't do it like you. So, has he texted you?"