𝟗. 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐧

𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞, 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦

d

you doing okay?

sure yeah
still sad but it's okay

understandable
he's been weird lately
not very talkative

hope he regrets blocking me <3

i'm sure he does
are you busy right now

not at all
whats up

easton and i are going to the library
care to come along?

usually easton's presence would deter me
but ginny is at quidditch
hermione is with ronald
and cara is asleep
so why the hell not

perfect
meet you down there in 10
message liked by elaine

Elaine Knoxfort spent very little time in the library in her six and a half years at Hogwarts. The time she did spend in the large room in the castle was usually due to Hermione's incessant begging, and she usually got something out of being in there.

However, she needed to study and she figured time with Draco and Easton would stop her from sitting in her room in an endless loop of her own thoughts, so she took Draco up on his offer, even if it meant voluntarily spending time with her twin brother – also something that happened very rarely.

Elaine shoved her books into her bag and grabbed a light jumper before making the haul to the library from the Gryffindor towers. She debated on whether or not to tell Easton what an absolute prick his best friend was, but she also figured she should keep it to herself. Elaine had been struggling validating her own sadness about Theodore, considering they really hadn't spent that much time together at all. However, she was kicking herself in the foot for thinking even for a moment that things could progress beyond a quick shag for her and Theo. Elaine never did have great luck with relationships, part of which she blamed on herself, but most of which she blamed on the men that gave her those issues.

The library was quite empty today, considering it was still early in the semester, and midterms hadn't kicked in yet. It took almost no time to find the table occupied by her brother and Draco, and Elaine walked over to the table and took a seat across from Draco, giving the two Slytherins a quick wave.

"Oh, you're here." Easton said dryly as he looked up at his twin sister, his face contorting with faux disgust.

"I am." Elaine replied. "Get over it."

"Can you two hush for once?" Draco asked in a frustrated tone. "Let there be peace."

"D, there will never be peace between us." Elaine told him as she reached across the table and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder. "Get used to it."

Draco rolled his eyes as he chuckled, shrugging Elaine's hand off of his shoulder. "Whatever."

Elaine pulled her textbooks out of her bag, along with some spare parchment and a quill. She actually had a little more homework than she thought, considering her weekend was occupied with getting drunk with her friends. She sighed heavily before getting to work on an essay for Potions – her favorite class, but the homework was still rather annoying.